Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Love-Life Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2010, 07:31 PM
    I hate my job
    I will thank you in advance for taking the time to read my complicated issues at my work place. I work front desk at Quality Inn and Suites in Canada. Where to start. I will begin by saying that the guests are not the problem, the guests are generally friendly. The problem is that our management (like most hotels) is corrupt and condescending. My general manager is a complete two-faced hag, who's daughter works front desk as well and gets special treatment. They talk about all the staff behind their backs, and constantly complain about mistakes their employees make instead of generating a plan to improve efficiency in the workplace. They are bitter and don't practice the rules they preach. They do anything to make their lives easier. They will not work weekends but I have worked every weekend for a year. They expect me to do side work and laundry when I am so busy and overwhelmed, but they won't lift a finger even on the slowest days. They are miserable people and when something in their social life is misshapen they bring the drama to the workplace and take it out on staff (especially me) by being rude and demanding. They suck up to our owner who is a very nice man, but being as condescending as they are, he never sees how they screw him over by taking 2 hour lunch breaks, taking money from his corporate account for their own benefit, and talking about him behind his back. Anyone who stands up to the manager and her daughter have been verbally abused or fired. They are rotten, inconsiderate people. They have no compassion for their staff at all. I have worked 16 hours in a row because the daughter doesn't feel good because she "broke up with her boyfriend." The problem is, the daughter's friend works here now, so its basically them against me. They come in late for their shifts when I can't leave until they get here. They write down all my mistakes in our logbook when they do worse mistakes, I am just too scared to put them in there. I do extra work and its never enough, they constantly criticize and ask more and more of me so they have to do less. This job is crazy. I have never been so degraded and abused at a job. This isn't the first hotel where I have witnessed gossip, abuse and mistreatment. Because I am soft spoken and kind, I naturally have the type of personality people like this feed off, I am easily taken advantage of. I will advise people who want to go into the hotel industry especially front desk, it is a dramatic place where people can take advantage of your good nature (as will most jobs). If you are run by managers who abuse their authority it will be even worse.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 10:23 PM
    Hi, Love-Life!

Okay. You're venting about conditions where you work.

Is there the possibility of you getting a different kind of job, somewhere else, soon?

Thanks!
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 11:45 AM

If you're really that miserable working for them you need to come up with a plan to leave that job.

Have you considered going back to school or simply finding another job?

I wouldn't work a job with such inconsiderate management.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s) [ 23 Answers ]

Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears. Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily. How...

What is the difference between job analysis, job description and job specification? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between job description, job analysis and job specification?

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification? [ 2 Answers ]

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification?

One of those "I hate my job" days [ 15 Answers ]

When you have a 'I Hate My Job' day, try this: On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the Thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson Be very sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, Draw the curtains and...

I hate my Job [ 6 Answers ]

A lot of people may know me from The Naked Brothers Band. I play rosalina, Sometimes I wish I was a normal 16 year old. You see I can't go out with my friends without a HUGE crowed. It's cool at first but, with my friends sometimes I only think their my friends cause of Allie Demico the actor. It's...

View more questions Search