Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmoniet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 03:05 PM
    What can I do to grt my money back from a dentist who's crown broke twice?
    In 05 I had a crown put in and it broke in o7. I paid for another one for the
    Same tooth and it broke a week later. They wouldn't return my calls. The problem
    Is apparently for small claims court you have to do it with in 1 year of discovery
    Or within 3 years which ever comes first. I'm with in the 3 year but not the 1 year.
    I have a second opinion letter. I also have Multiple Sclerosis sodificult doing it anytime. Making matters even worse he has sold his practice but it's my understanding he's still responsible. There are other issues too like slapping when he gives a shot. I am only
    Trying to get my money back. His wife has a practise down the street. I've contacted the Caifornia dental board and they're sending me a compaint form. Any suggestions?
    scarpia Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2010, 04:51 PM

Don't get your hopes up that the dental board will do anything. I had a dentist do much worse than that to me. I complained to the secretary of state's office. They did an investigation that dragged on for 18 months and then the board dismissed it and said the dentist had done nothing wrong. I didn't try the small claims court. That would have only covered a fraction of the damage to me. But I definitey should have tried it.

He closed his practice completely or did he move somewhere else? If he is practicing somewhere you should warn others about him by posting about it on ratemd or mybaddentist.com.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 04:55 PM

You can ask and see if they offer mediation with the state board. If not you can sue in small claims if under that level, if it is over that level, you can sue in regular court, ( will need an attorney but if the claim is that big it may be worth it)

If you ( or anyone) has real valid claims and they can be proven, you should have your day in court.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 07:54 PM
    All you can do is complete the forms with as much information as possible including dates, conversations that took place and monies paid. It may take some time for the complaint process to be completed but if what you provide the licensing board proves defective dental treatment you should be compensated. Sometimes if you send a copy of what you send to the board to the dentist in question, he'll want to resolve things before his peers get involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did my dentist put on a crown without a root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

Two years ago my dentist worked with my front incisors which had been broken in a freak pogo-stick accident when I was a child. Way back then, my childhood dentist told me one day the teeth might die and need root canals. Fifteen years later, I developed a blister over one of the incisors and...

The dentist refused to treat me after the crown work [ 12 Answers ]

After put in two crowns left upper #15 tooth and lower #19 tooth. I am having pain sensitive to cold and hot beverage and food, can not chew on it. Went back to see the dentist about the problem, now the dentist refused to see me and dropped me off the patient list. What should I do?

My dentist placed a steel crown on my tooth and said to give it about a year.. [ 3 Answers ]

My dentist gave me a root canal about a year ago. I had bad pain from the injections of the anesthetics. I went by several times to have him check on it and he said he would like to wait to make sure everything was okay and that the tooth (what was left) did not crack or split. I had no...

While having work done the dentist broke an existing crown. [ 6 Answers ]

I just recently had a crown put on a front tooth right next to an existing crown. The new one was out a little farther the old one which made my teeth come together uneven. Since the Doctor could not add to the new one to make my bite more comfortable I suggested the doctor remove some from the old...

Tooth too small for a crown - dentist wants to trim down my gums [ 1 Answers ]

I'm located in South Korea and I've had a really bad tooth for a while so I decided to take advantage of the national health care and see a dentist about my tooth. I was informed that I needed a crown and "nerve treatment". From the tools that the dentist was using I recognized the files as the...

View more questions Search