Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiggerman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Installing a 10 foot long flooring transition
    I want to install a 10 ft. long transition between the laminate floor I just laid and the vinyl floor in the adjoining room. The laminate that matches the floor comes only in 6 foot lengths. I'll have to have two equally spaced joins, or one join in the center, or one off center. Whatever I decide, I'd appreciate some advice on how to make that look as good as possible.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2010, 04:57 PM

Have u thought about a piece of hard wood(don't know color of flooring) stained to match laminate and finished with poly.

Try stain and poly on small piece before buying full length needed.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vinyl flooring transition strips [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new vinyl plank floor in my basement and I am looking for a self adhesive vynl capping to cover where the new floor meets the old vynl flooring. Please help

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

Where should I transition the flooring between two rooms? [ 3 Answers ]

This is sort of hard to describe but I sure could use everyone's help so I will try to do the best I can. I am also going to attach a jpg of the area of the home so you can see what I am talking about. We are remodeling our house and I am working on flooring in my reading room. There is an...

Installing a floor transition [ 5 Answers ]

I bought Carpet Trim which came with nails at Lowe's, I'm transitioning from tiles to carpet. According to instructions I'm supposed to use the included nails to fasten the trim to the concrete floor. All nails bend as I try to drive them into the concrerte. Any suggestions?

Transition from travertine tile to stained concrete flooring [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently removed carpeting and padding from my main living area (gotta love having 3 dogs and a long haired cat!! ) and had stained concrete floors made, finished with a thick coat of epoxy (again, love those dogs). While I'm using quarter round trim to finish along the baseboards, I'm...

View more questions Search