Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Jun 25, 2010, 10:26 AM
    How do you do an oil change for a hybrid car?
    Just a quick question.
    yesbeckjs Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Try taking it to the dealership.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2010, 07:34 PM

Make and model?
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Sep 15, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Comment on kitch428's post
    It's a Toyata Prius 2007
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2010, 05:32 PM

It's very simple. Yours takes the standard oil filter, (bottom front pass side) 5W-20 oil, and 3.9 quarts. Tools needed are 14mm wrench, drain bucket, and a oil filter wrench (highly recommended).
    It will need a new drain plug gasket so no leaks will develop.
    Nothing to it. Just like any 4 cylinder car.
    To check oil level when done. Put in "Ready" mode, lightly step on the gas pedal in park, the engine will now run at higher revs. Do that for 10 seconds, shut off, and check for leaks.
    My BIG question is why? Just take it to the dealer. You're not saving much and possibly creating headaches.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 05:41 PM

Most dealerships and oil change places have deals for $20. 4 quarts of oil and a filter bought at a store would run you $12+ so go to any oil place offering these prices, like Merlin's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hybrid Car ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to buy another car now. When gas prices were $4 plus, I was really thinking about buying a hybrid. Now with gas prices back down to $2 or less, should I. I understand the environment situation, however with the cost of a hybrid being $5k plus more, I will never make the...

Hybrid car batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Why can't hybrid cars get above about 40mph only using electricity? Is it because there is not enough power or because scientists don't know how to convert the power at higher voltage?

Oil Change [ 5 Answers ]

I have an inexpensive weed eater push mower with a Kohler engine. I don't see a method of draining the oil and I don't know how much it holds. a. Is there a way to find and print the manual? b. Do you empty the oil by simply turning it upside down?

When to change oil? [ 5 Answers ]

Gas is getting really expensive! My wife's car, we drove it less than 5000 miles last year. I'm thinking of going to a once a year oil change for that reason. Should the oil be changed in the spring ,or in the fall/winter for a car that isn't driven too regularly?

Oil change [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know what kind of oil goes in a 8hp riding mower! It is an old one!

View more questions Search