Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lncamp2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 09:44 PM
    How to file motion to dissolve writ of garnishment
    I have a judgment that I plan on attempting to vacate. A motion for writ of garnishment after judgment and then a writ of garnishment was issued. I was not notified until I realized my bank account was frozen. I requested hearing for exemption and was granted exemption. Then creditor immediately served a notice of garnishment and stated I must move to dissolve writ w/in 20 days. They included a claim of exemption and request for hearing.? Didn't I just do this? So I need to know how to file motion, but am not sure of the facts that support motion. Would it be that I was granted an order of exemption, or is there other wording I should use. Gratefully...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2010, 03:20 AM

What are the grounds for exemption? What are the grounds for vacating the judgment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file motion to dissolve writ of garnishment Texas [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote a motion to dissolve writ of garnishment. Do I need to include other info and/or have it notarized.

How to file a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I see lots of post here about bank account garnishment, but no one every updates as to what steps they took after the fact. I'm wanting to know exactly what I need to do in order to file a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment on my bank account? Has anyone had any luck with this as of yet?

View more questions Search