Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancy4436 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Is the issuing of corporate shares among 4 partners followed by printing and distribution of the shares?
    Just a quick question.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 11:17 PM

It's done in various degrees of complexity. It may be preceded by written offers from each would-be purchaser, setting forth the proosed terms.

The board of directors then votes to issue shares. The resolution which the board adopts may provide that they will issue so many shares to each person, and the consideration for each block of shares. Then, when the specified consideration is received, the physical share certificates are delivered to the respective shareholders.
    PellMell Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2010, 09:09 PM

Further to AK lawyer's response, some states do not require the delivery of physical share certificates. The shares can be issued on the books.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issuing of shares [ 2 Answers ]

If a new corporation was to sell shares, how exactly is this recorded in the books. I would assume you would Dr. the cash account and maybe Cr. The stock account?

Corporate shares among business partners [ 13 Answers ]

Good morning, Myself and a friend started a business aand incorporated (c corp) in 2007. About 6 months into it we needed to borrow money and did so from my grandma. One of her stipulations was that I own 81% of the corporation. So he and I signed and stamped the shares issuing 19 to him and 81...

Issuing new shares, to purchase assets that increase the value of all of the shares, [ 2 Answers ]

As an example ABC ltd, has assets of $500,000 and liabilities of $500,000, with a turnover of $100,000 and a profit of $10,000, retained earning of negative $20,000. ABC Ltd was set up with only one share and it is held by the single share holder. Then ABC Ltd (under the direction of the...

View more questions Search