Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashiiboo Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Belly piercing
    Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I clean it 2-4 a day.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Dec 12, 2006, 10:42 PM
    My sister had her belly pierced and they said to use a disinfectant. That disinfectant they gave her is the same stuff as contact cleaner, so if you have contacts use the bottle of cleaner for your belly and then you shouldn't feel so soapy. As for how long you clean it, the person who gave it to you, usually schedules a mandatory check up and tells you how long and how many times to clean it. Check the paper he/she gave you or ask the parent that went along for the paper...

Dec 13, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Okk thanks.it hurts som times why though.

Feb 16, 2007, 09:54 AM
    I think my belly button is infected? Because there is a big bump under the barbell and when I clean it pus comes out and it hurts how can I make it go away.And on the bump there is blood and stuff how can I stop this

I think my belly button is infected? Because there is a big bump under the barbell and when I clean it pus comes out and it hurts how can I make it go away.And on the bump there is blood and stuff how can I stop this?
    humpty_freaking_dumbty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashiiboo
    Ok i got my belly pierced and when i clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but i rinsh it really good so i dont no and im getting kind a scared i only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good tho how long should i clean it for?i clean it 2-4 a day.
    OK.. dont worry because my sister got her done and it was alll red and stuff it takes a while for it to heal... so just clean it 2 or 3 times a day and don't play with it and it will be okay

Feb 16, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I had it done for a about 3 moths now
    becs6188 Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
    All I did when I had mine done was clean it with clean warm water and a cotton bud, also when you get out of the bath or shower dry your belly button well to stop infection you can do this with a dry cotton bud aswel.. hope that helps
    maxim Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Mine took about 6 mnths to heal. Use sea salt(dilute it with water). Soak it in the diluted sea salt for about 5-10 minutes a day. Use a Q-tip to dry around it... there is also a cream you can get... local shops where you get piercings at should have it... if there is puss that is not ness. A bad thing... mine had puss too. Just squeeze it out... as much as you can. Clean it daily.
    crocodilequeen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Over cleaning can be bad. And too harsh cleaning can be bad. It is advised to clean 2 times a day max and with sea salt water solution not harsh ones. You are also not supposed to take a Bath and have showers instead for the first few weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Button Piercing Side Effects [ 19 Answers ]

Help! My daughter will not stop pestering me about how she wants to get her belly button pierced and I would be fine with her getting it done if I just knew the health risks and side effects. Does anyone know if there are any major risks or what I should know before she gets it done? Thanks!!

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Belly Button Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a belly button piercing for about 5 months now and it is taking a very long time to heel. I was told to use Mecca to help it heel but it has been discontinued, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

View more questions Search