Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imqueen411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Something different than flowers.. hi-school semi formal
    [email protected]hi, this is my 14 yr old sons first semi formal. 4 guys-4 girls.. the boys have all gone to school together and have been best buds since pre-school, now in 9th grade. They all have attended a small private school, now moved on to hi-school with kids coming from other schools. They would like to do something other then flowers for both the young ladies and themselves. I guess to show their united front! Any cool suggestions would truly help this old tired mother out. We only have 10 days!! Thanks tons:
    thespababe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imqueen411
    [email protected]hi, this is my 14 yr old sons first semi formal. 4 guys-4 girls..the boys have all gone to school together and have been best buds since pre-school, now in 9th grade. they all have attended a small private school, now moved on to hi-school with kids coming from other schools. they would like to do something other then flowers for both the young ladies and themselves. i guess to show their united front! any cool suggestions would truly help this old tired mother out. we only have 10 days!!! thanks tons:
    Well giving a gift to a girl is easy there so many choices. Here are a few ideas I came up with:
    - with the expenses for a girl to get ready for prom maybe it would be nice to have the guys pay for their hair appointments or something like that
    - there isn't a girl around that wouldn't appreciate a visit to a Spa = Spa gift cert.
    - make an easy but inexpensive corsage from good quality artificial flowers and then her corsage is a keepsake too(a large flower, some tiny ones, florist tape and wire,ribbon)
    - a nice necklace and bracelet combo can be nice but make sure it's trendy - doesn't have to be fancy or expensive aim for a silver chain with dangle progression of beads(clear) this also is a great way to remember the prom
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Since this is a semi-formal, that might make it way easier in some ways.

I'm assuming you're looking at replacing the boutiniers/corsages?

You might try the craft section of a department store for some ideas... maybe something like patches of a specific animal/bug (like butterflies, cats, dragonflies, fish, whatever) attached to a small pin that could be fancy for the girls and attached to a ribbon wrapped piece of elastic, and pinned on the lapels for the guys. (we did butterflies and dragonflies for my wedding in a similar manner)
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Mar 4, 2007, 10:43 PM
    I think the idea of some kind of pin that they can keep, perhaps something that is a reference to whatever they are interested in as a group, or something that is a reference to their school. The craft store is a great idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-formal [ 1 Answers ]

Exactly what does semi-formal mean? I'm getting a dress tomorrow after school for a semi-formal dance I'm going to. Can you give me some examples? Also please help with what kinds of shoes to wear!

Semi formal [ 2 Answers ]

I feel kind of stupid but I have to go to a work party with my boyfriend and have to wear something semi formal but I don't know what semi formal is. What is semiformal?:eek:

I need help finding a semi-formal dress for wedding [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 56 years old. I have gained weight so that I now have a dilemma when it comes to choosing a dress! I need a semi-formal dress to wear to two weddings actually. My problem is that my measurements are now 40-42-53. If I find a dress that fits my bustline, it's not big enough for my hips....

I need help finding a semi-formal dress [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to a semi-formal dance that my school has on February 12. They have one every year and this year I am a sophomore, so I know what to expect. Last year almost everyone wore black, but a few people wore brighter colors like red and light pink and they really stood out. Everyone that I have...

View more questions Search