Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buster69 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Jun 23, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Hipaa...
    If a company was found guilty of a hipaa violation can the person who's rights were violated still presue legal action?
    Just a quick question.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 10:26 AM

Hi again Buster, no need to start a new thread, you should have added this to your original post under my response.

I don't know if that is the proper path, buster, pursuing legal action for a breach of privacy by them. Did you follow up on the website I provided for you before ? Guidelines would have been provided by that website.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa [ 2 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage last week. The hospital registration person called my mother and father and told them she was calling from pre-op and needed to speak to me right away about my "procedure" the next day. It was no real emergency, just the regular pre-op stuff. I did not plan to tell anyone I was...

HIPAA Violation [ 2 Answers ]

My husband suffers from a condition that causes an imbalance of seratonin in his brain which can cause major depressive episodes. Recently, he had a depressive episode that forced me to involve medical professionals and the police when he attempted suicide. I was told which hospital that he was...

Hipaa [ 18 Answers ]

Can a manager pull employee patient chart research the chart call the pharmacy using my date of birth and name getting list of my medications that I take and share this information with other co-workers with my patient chart in view for the other co-workers to see, can she take employee personnel...

Violation of HIPAA? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-spouse has a physical custody of my daughter. We both have legal custody. My daughter is under my health care plan. Recently, my ex-spouse submitted a claim payment for our daughter. For the claim, insurance company sent a check to me. In the past, I would write a check to my ex-spouse. For...

Hipaa [ 2 Answers ]

My Husband was referred to a Nurologist from a stand in dr to test for nerves all test came back normal but she wanted him to get a second opion. In the mean time he had to go to the Company dr for a DOT physical which he past all of his exam but the dr. informed him in his records to the...

View more questions Search