Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trdhrdr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 04:56 AM
    06 softail starter solenoid will not engage. Are there any quick fixes to check before I pull the starter.
    Just a quick question.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 06:38 AM

Check for a good ground and good voltage at solenoid.
    Does the load of the Starter drop the voltage to where it can't operater. Try without the starter and use a bulb for the load as a test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starter does not engage intermittenlt [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 e350 powerstroke .dealer charged 1500 to replace flywheel and starter.this happened at 277846 miles now less then 10000 miles it is happening again. They will not do anything about it.anybody know the fix?

Starter Solenoid Questions [ 2 Answers ]

How does a solenoid bolt as far as the wires go? How does a starter solenoid wire up? Which wires go where?

Lawnmower solenoid or starter [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 12 hp briggs mower with new solenoid. Try to start, solenoid still clicking. Does this point to the starter being bad? How is the best way to check the starter?

Starter solenoid corrosion [ 2 Answers ]

YEP, I too am having solenoid problems. But I'm hoping that I can simply clean off the corrosion on the terminals. Is this possible, practical, and if so how do I do this? Not sure what to use on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, NH:confused:

Starter solenoid gremlin? [ 4 Answers ]

Vehicle 1998 Volvo V40 T4. Occasionally, when I turned the key, I only get a single click and no turn over. It appeared to be a parasitic battery drain. I hooked up the test light in series with the negative post and cable. Pulled each fuse on at a time, and the light never went out. ...

View more questions Search