Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chloe2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 12:16 AM
    My chihuahua pup is in heat, her female part is 3 times normal size, is that normal?
    My chihuahua pup is in heat, her female part is 3 times normal size, is that normal?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 04:19 AM

Yes, swelling is normal and will last for several weeks.
    As long as there is no green or yellow discharge (indicating an infection)

Bleeding generally only lasts for a week or two, but their entire heat lasts for 21 days.

Keep her away from all male dogs during the 21 days. Once her heat is over it is safe to get her spayed.

You can buy special pants for them to wear to reduce the 'mess' involved, but personally, I just throw some old sheets over the couch and over their beds.
    She will probably be feeling a little miserable for the next few weeks, and some girls can get quite clingy... it's all par for the course I'm afraid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband has a close female friend, is it normal? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has an old female co-worker he talks to more days then not. They talk on the phone and text. I use to read the messages but now he deletes them, probably because he knew I was reading them. They rarely talk when I am home. He claims they are just friends and often make the point he works...

My dog just had a pup and now she is nesting again is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help. My lhasa apso just had a pup which is weird as her last litter she had 6! Now she is nesting and looking at her back side and being really protective over the pup, is she expecting more pups? PLEASE HELP!!

Me and my boyfriend have sex 3-4 times a weekis that normal [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are both 19. We have sex 3-4 times a week. Is that too much or to less Please help

View more questions Search