Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmyson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Computer not powering off or booting up
    The led light are flashning but PC not booting or powering off need help on what to check .first thanks guys . All I can tell adout the specs are it has a M7VIG 400 mother board , KVR 333 mem / 256
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Try pulling the power cord and then rebooting.
    This will definitely shut it down.
    When and if it reboots you may get a beep code.

Let us kow the results.
    This will help us resolve your issue.

If you could also give us some system specs that would help also.
    Cylon Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emmyson
    the led light are flashning but pc not booting or powering off need help on what to check .
    That's not much info to go on. If my computer started doing this I'd first check the power connectors on the motherboard to ensure they're plugged in correctly.
    introuble1985 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Sounds to me like you have a faulty power supply or your motherboard burned out. However, it could also be something simple like a bad MBR. Like stated before, see if you can get a beep code. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Booting from Hard Drive problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've never encountered this problem before. I have an external hard drive connected to my desktop computer. Every time it restarts it refuses to do so unless the external hard drive is off. It says that it is, "unable to boot from drive." Is there any other way I can turn this desire of...

Dual booting problem [ 2 Answers ]

I Had Dual Booting With Windows98se (c Drive) & Windows Xp (d Drive) . I Removed Xp By Formatting D Drive. How Do I Remove The Shortcut At Booting Initially

Windows XP not booting up properly [ 16 Answers ]

I'm currently posting from my own laptop, but my family's main computer isn't doing so well. Everything was working fine last night, no problems with shut down or anything else for that matter, but this morning when my dad turned on the computer, Windows refused to finish loading. We are running XP...

Powering the G terminal on my furnace control board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My furnace's control board recently blew and the repair guy replaced it with a different kind. Aparently the new board requires a wire from the thermostat to the G terminal to work the A/C fan, and the old one didn't. The repair guy would need to make another trip for this repair. I am...

Pop ups after booting-up [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 boxes that appear when I bootup. The one that troubles me most is :- error loading c:\programfiles\wild tangent\apps\CDA\cda engine 0400.dll My PC is running okay. How can I stop these boxes appearing?

View more questions Search