Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ups2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 08:43 AM
    See below for detail
    This is homework. Supposelly, My company is doing an implementation to HR Payroll with a company called XYZ (sample). In order for them to implement to the GL setup they need the following questions answer. Any help would be appreciated. All I need is to somebody to give me example and/or explain the questions.

Thank you,
    Lost-accounting

1. What is your current method of posting your General Ledger?
    2. Do you currently use accruals with your General Ledger?
    4. Does your GL vary by company?
    5. Do you use organization levels/cost centers to segment the Account codes?
    6. Please indicate the cost centers in your organization:
    7. Do you segment accounts by employee?
    8. Does your company use labor allocation?
    9. What is the frequency of your General Ledger?
    10. Do you require Billing items on the General Ledger?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 22, 2010, 10:48 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 01:31 AM

Even I don't know what half those questions are supposed to mean, mostly cause it can depend on context and also what someone chooses to call a "type" or "method." I've also never seen an assignment like this. (I don't know what class this is for, but certainly not any typical accounting or business math class.)

Just for instance, current method of posting? What do they mean by "method"? I have no clue. Posting is posting is posting. You take something from a journal and stick it into a ledger. The only thing that even occurs to me is manual versus software but I don't see how that's relevant.

Or 8, labor allocation - in what context? 9 - frequency of a general ledger? Do they mean frequency of posting to the ledger? I don't know. 10 - require billing items on the general ledger - what on earth?

7 - segmenting accts probably means like if the employee is considered part of COGS, or selling, etc. 4- vary by company I would think would be obvious.

Really, very strange problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to know about vitamin d3 in detail which one is the best [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about vitamin d3 in detail which one is the best

Ping detail [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to ping all the branch routers and the area routers of the company simultaneously? If yes, in what language the program should be written for pinging?(all router's wan and lan ip are already known) :confused:

Immigration Detail [ 1 Answers ]

A teacher went to Australia in 2005 on PR basis and on sponsorship by her Aunt. She came back to India in 2006, she again went to Australia in 2006. She is BA Bed MBA. She was teacher in Australia. Now she is in India. Is she getting any unemployment allowance during her absence? Is she a PR...

Let me detail it better [ 1 Answers ]

How possible is it to get pregnant on your period and could it mean I'm pregnant if my period stopped right after I had sex?

Master-detail [ 4 Answers ]

I have a relationship between a table vehicle and conditions of vehicles. Now my question is how can I show the conditions if you select the vehicle by a LOV. The vehicle table is master and conditions is detail but I don't really know how to do it. I hope that someone can help me?

View more questions Search