Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billjg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 06:02 PM
    Stationary tub pumps won't shut off
    The pump in my stationary tub won't shut off after the water is drained. Quick fix I am going on vacation with house sitters here.
    Thanks
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 21, 2010, 08:01 PM

Remove the power
    billjg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 02:33 AM
    Thanks,
    I did that but when you plug it back in it goes on again. It usually goes on when the washer water fills the tub. The pump turns on then drains, then shuts off. I think it is either a vacuum switch or a float. There is also a back-flow valve in the line. Any quick fixes without cutting the line and taking it apart? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stationary tub drains I snaked it out at the main drain at [ 3 Answers ]

Snaked it out at the main under the sink and put it back together ,put small amount of water in sink and it did not drain. I lossened the flap between the two oipes and it drained. But not into the ground. Is there a vacuam that has to occure for it to drain?

Didn't shut down hot tub before changing water [ 2 Answers ]

I had a little too much fun in my hot tub and the water became filthy. I decided to change the water, but I didn't shut the power off to the hot tub! Now, of course, it's not working. Jets 1 and the heater do not work. The hot tub is 7 years old. My question is, when my dad comes home and looks...

Kohler diverter stem (I think part #30139) won't shut off water to tub [ 6 Answers ]

I have a kohler vavle body and I took off the diverter stem with the intention of replacing it, as I wanted to put universal fit handles on, and the end of the stem was worn down (see pics). This is a three handle system. When I removed the stem, (after unscrewing the nut with a stem wrench)...

Circulating Pumps - submersible pumps - low efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people, Well I was selecting some hot water circulating pumps and submersible pumps, for a rather big project. I consulted GRUNDFOS (can't get bigger than that). For the hot water circulating pumps, Grundfos informed me that the best selection according to my (flow, head)...

TUB water shut off handle installation [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! I need to install handles on water supply shut-offs for the tub before I can sell my place - buyers insist. There are two small bits of pipe sticking out from the wall in the closet in front of the tub. They are straight, about 2 inches, have square ends, heavily painted over. Previous...

View more questions Search