Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhilIvey Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Why do I get so shy with girls
    Hello Im 20 and I never had a girlfriend. Ever since I was young I would be embarrassed to talk to girls, especially in front of my friends. This feeling of embarrassment or lack of self confidence won't go away even to this day. I know Im not an ugly dude, but I am skinny. I had many times where girls would randomly talk to me... but I would sometimes feel my face getting red or I wouldn't know what to say. Just today I was on the bus coming home from school and this pretty blonde girl was standing and facing right in front of me even though the bus was half empty. I could tell the girl was interested in me cause she was looking at me back and fourth and she was fixing her shirt and hair. But Im too much of a to say anything. I should start using coke again so I can get the confidence to talk to girls.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 06:13 PM

Did you talk to girls then?
    Using coke is a really stupid thing to do.
    How do you do with phone conversations?
    S SID Posts: 91, Reputation: 11

Jun 21, 2010, 06:57 PM

You got to leave the drugs alone dude, not cool. Start by a simple, hey, you OK, or a bit of humour, try hey, how you doing then laugh appologetically saying you sorry you didn't mean to sound like joey from friends, she'll be giggling and you've broken the ice, time for some small talk, if conversation flows then all good if not then probably won't work out. Good luck mate.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 07:23 AM

You use cocaine to gain confidence? Seriously?

There is always one simple question when it comes to talking to girls: What do you have to lose? So what if it doesn't go your way? There are billions of girls out there!! Practice talking to girls you aren't attracted to. Talk to girls about something, ask them questions, engage them in conversation. And if you make an a$$ of yourself, guess what... it doesn't matter! Move on.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 22, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Don't touch coke do you know what it does to your heart? It strips it that's what it rips the guts out of it basically, Do you really want to die young, or find by time you're 30 you can hardly walk, and you'll need a heart by pass or a pacemaker to keep you going, Don't take Coke its one of the worst drugs out there, it ages you from the inside out, you'll have the organs of a 60 yr old when you're 30.

You'll get over your shyness but not by using coke, you're still young you'll get used to talking to girls maybe you're not ready yet, its not written in stone that anyone should be dating or in a relationship by age 20 like everything else some people take longer, as Ive told many on here its not a race.

Practicing telling yourself you can talk to girls you can ask them out.

However you go on the slippery slope of using drugs and girls or young females won't want to talk to you, they will think you're a loser.

I haven't taken coke myself but Ive been very close to someone who has and that person lost everything they had, and more..
    inluvinga Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2010, 11:23 AM

Leave the drugs alone... for sure. Girls don't find coke sexy. I used to be really shy too and hated talking to guys even if they were the ones that started the conversation. To get over it, I pretended to be confident... lol. I may sound kind of strange, but it worked. If you can tell that the girl is into you already, then you have nothing to worry about. Be yourself... you can't go wrong with that.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 11:33 AM

I used to do coke myself and I understand how it could help you be unshy but that is not the way to go at all. It is very bad for you but to get past all the drug talk, why do you think you are shy? Sometimes people have something about them that makes them low in confidence. What is it in you? Maybe you could find it and work on it.
    mr.cale Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Aug 6, 2011, 01:18 PM
    I think your to worried about what your friends think instead of just doing what makes you happy
    Callly Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 11:19 AM
    No seriously don't use drugs... start with a smile it may help a little :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do guys like shy girls [ 27 Answers ]

Im 16 and I was just wondering If guys like shy girls. Im kind of shy and think guys won't like me cause I'm shy. But you tell me.

How do I stop being shy around girls? I need help! [ 3 Answers ]

Thread merged and moved to appropriate section This is kind of long, but I really need help! I've seen her a couple of times before. I saw her again at a soccer game this past Wednesday when mexico (team) came to play in san francisco. She went up to me and asked for my ticket to see if she...

Why I am shy around girls [ 3 Answers ]

I am 15 and shy around almost all girls in general. (I'm fine around family). What confuses me is that In 6th grade I was like OMGHYPERYAYILOVEEVERYTHING and was not shy of anything =P. Now I'm more hesitant to do things and extremely shy around girls which is kind of making me sad more often then...

Do guys like shy girls? [ 5 Answers ]

I gave up on the former guy in my school, now I'm 100% single and happy, if anyone cares to know :p Anyway, I was thinking about everything between us -just to learn my lessons if I made any mistakes- My friend was flirty, shinny (lipgloss, glitter :p ), she laughed at anything guys would say...

Gone from Social to shy with girls [ 3 Answers ]

IM a 14 year old boy with a problem. I can easily get girls, but it seems that once I know they like me, they back away. Ever since this has been frequently happening, my confidence and self-esteem has gone down. I need help I don't know what to do, and I haven't even gotten my first kiss yet. Ive...

View more questions Search