Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuwnuwshell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 02:22 PM
    I received a summon from my dentist for 1,000.00 I am currently on unemployment
    I recevied a summons and is currently receiving unemployment, what will happen in court?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 03:36 PM

If you fail to answer the summons, a default judgment will be entered against you.

If you do answer and defend the lawsuit, either a judgment will be entered or one won't. Whether you are capable of paying is really not an issue at that stage.

If a judgment is entered, your non-exempt assets can be seized to satisfy the judgment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A company issued 5-year, 7% bonds with a par value of $100,000. The company received [ 4 Answers ]

A company issued 5-year, 7% bonds with a par value of $100,000. The company received $97,947 for the bonds. Using the straight-line method, the amount of interest expense for the first semiannual interest period is:

Summon Received from a financial company [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir/madam, I hope I am not dusturbing you. If I am wrongly contacted you I am extremely sorry sir! I got loan from a financial company for Rs.50000/- and Paid every EMI(Rs.3815/-) when I was in Job nearly more than 6 EMIs. Unfortunately I lost my job now. For 6 months I am doing only...

13-year-old received $22,000 in ssdi backpay, is it OK to use some of it for a car? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has not received his back pay yet, so far just one monthly check. Due to his being disabled for over three years we do not own a car and must borrow one just to buy groceries. We know that we must report on our daughter's monthly check annually, but social security is unclear on our...

My Internet keeps cutting out at 280,000 packet received [ 1 Answers ]

My Internet keeps cutting out at 280,000 packet received and am unable to preform a google/yahoo search in Firefox or IE or Opera etc but I am able to search eBay and all sheachs work on safari? First I thought it was my wireless so I tried connecting from the modem direct thought the ethernet...

Received a 35,000.00 dollars judgement but still no justice served. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a contractor in Virginia and was recently burned by a customer /contractor. This was a job done at a federal facility(Post-Office) in which I was acting as a subcontractor for a contractor I had done many other jobs for in the past. I paid my crew and for equipment and completed the job. In...

View more questions Search