Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newday50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 02:15 PM
    Can an executor be removed from a will without knowing it
    My father named me as the executor on his will and to receive the family home when he dies. My mother passesd away several years ago. He has a girlfriend living with him in the family home that has a lot of influence on him. Would it be legal if she get him to change his will.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 02:57 PM

Yes. Anyone can change a will at any time.

Depending on where you live, there may be legal requirements to leave a certain proportion of the estate to spouse or children. After that, it's all up to him. If he wants to leave most of it to his girlfriend, or to the local cats' home, he can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What an executor can not do? [ 8 Answers ]

My mom just died less than 2 weeks ago, I am 1 of 5 kids. My brother and sister are both executors of her will(which I have not been allowed to see), anyway they are already negotiating between themselves who gets which of the 3 cars(1 of them doesn't run), there is 3 houses and a total of 50...

No accounting from executor [ 6 Answers ]

How do I compel an executor to provide an accounting of an estate he says is settled? I am a beneficiary along with 2 siblings, both of whom know the finances while I am not privy. One of the siblings is the executor.

Executor when no will is left [ 1 Answers ]

I have just traced my father after 25 years. He lived with his new wife in Panama, South America. She is American (USA) and he is British. He brought her to UK in 2000, then they married in UK in 2002 then went firstly to America, then moved to Panama, South America, where he died 1 year ago ...

Executor not doing her job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from Ohio my mother passed away in may of this year, my sister was appointed to be executor in her will, there are 5 of us and everything was left to the five of us, we tried to find out information from her and she would get angry, now she has changed her phone number and has no...

Need to know what an executor can or cannot do! [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! I am one of 4 beneficiaries (siblings) who inherited a house from my father. There was an appraisal done after his death to establish a cost basis for the home. Home has not been sold yet due to family who thought they wanted to buy it, then indecision of executor to sell with realtor or...

View more questions Search