Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fresnom2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Replace new ceiling fan receiver
    Hi,
    My hunter ceiling fan receiver is out. Now I want to replace a different brand receiver (I guess hunter fan doesn't make good receiver)but most of them doesn't have the reverse switch. Can I stilll buy it and make it work? I don't need the reverse function. By the way, the fan I have is Hunter Westside II with no pulling chain and reverse switch on the fan itself. The wires go into the fan are black, White, Black w/ white, yellow, red, pink, and grey. The fan was spin in the up side (winter time) before it was out. I have only one switch on the wall. What receiver brand should I buy? And how to make the fan air is going down? Thanks for all your inputs.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:40 PM

Hunter makes as good a receiver as anyone, better than some.

Contact Hunter, get the correct replacement parts.

Hunter Fan - Ceiling Fans, Air Purifiers, Humidifiers, Thermostats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace the receiver in the ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Want to replace the receiver from the Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan is attached to a downrod. Do I need to separate the fan assembly from the downrod to get to the receiver?

Ceiling fan remote receiver test [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control that will not work. There is power to the fan. Is there a way to test the remote control receiver located in the fan or can it be bypassed?

Replacing electronic receiver in ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get into the Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan to replace the Electronic Recever? The light comes on by itself (remote control) and the dealer sent me a replacement 'electronic receiver' (LER-01) #154634.

Ceiling fan with receiver, wiring issue [ 4 Answers ]

This will probably be the first of several posts. My house was built in the 70s, most likely by people on acid. :D I have removed my ceiling fan from the ceiling and the wires WERE as follows: Black to Black White to White Blue (fan) to Red (ceiling) My new fan (Hampton Bay Vercelli)...

Installing a remote receiver in a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay receiver in an existing ceiling fan, model unknown. I have three wires coming out of the ceiling: black, white and red. These are connected to the fan wires: black to black, white to white and red to blue. The receiver only has two input wires: black and...

View more questions Search