Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Reliable background check using SSN
    Can anyone recommend a reliable source that does a thorough background check on someone if you enter their social security number? I would prefer one that checks throughout the United States.

If I have to pay, that's fine; I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I can access a lot of public records for free, I'm just wondering if there's more info out there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 08:56 AM

Hello this:

If you REALLY want to know EVERYTHING, hire a PI.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello this:

If you REALLY wanna know EVERYTHING, hire a PI.

excon
    I've looked into that, but I'm more curious as to if there's anything in another state.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    I've looked into that, but I'm more curious as to if there's anything in another state.
    Hello again, this:

I understand... But when you buy ANY internet background search, you're buying a pig in a poke. You have NO idea whether they're staffed with people who push buttons on computers, or with people who do the leg work required to provide a good product. You might be lucky, or you might not.

If you're doing this, presumably, you're doing it for a GOOD reason. You certainly don't want to buy a faulty product. That could be dangerous. So, when buying stuff like this, where your important things are at risk, I'd want to KNOW, that what I bought, was the BEST product I could have bought.

A good PI can do an investigation in ANY state, and you can walk into his office and talk to him. He'll probably charge no more than $200. A search online might cost, what, $25/$50? If it was me, you know what I'd do...

By the way, I've done internet background searches on myself... The best of them miss HALF of what's out there.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 05:30 PM

All public searches have their weaknesses. It will really help if we knew what you were looking for.

Debts, arrest warrants current, if they were ever in prison ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    all public searches have their weaknesses. It will really help if we knew what you were looking for.

debts, arrest warrants current, if they were ever in prison ?

I know they've spent some time in jail here, but I'm wondering if they have convictions elsewhere in the country. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking; that's why I was asking about a reliable check that would be country wide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a military background check show up on a civilian criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Will a military background check show up on a civilian background check?

Background check [ 5 Answers ]

I am filling out a background check questionnaire for a job. One of the questions is asking “have you been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of any offense(s)? “ This is a Yes/No question. If I answer yes, I need to explain the date, offense, action and where. I have been taken into...

Background Check [ 7 Answers ]

My husband had a road rage incident last Dec and was issued 2 citations. We paid the 600.00 tickets and thought that was it. Now, after working at a job part time for 9 months a full time position opened. He applied and got the offer. Well, that is till they said there was something on his...

Background check [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Texas. Do I have the right to know what came back when a background check was done on me, by a potential employer? Are they required to devulge this info to me if I ask.

View more questions Search