Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    havana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Tankless water heater
    Hi my name is alex,I want to replace my tank water heater because is under my AC unit and the AC filter is right above the water heater and that is the only air return I have .I guess they did it wrong when the put the system in ,so the AC filter is collecting all kind of stuff and I can't cleane it properly because of the tank water heater.I have the option of going tankless water heater and enclose the air return and move the tank less water heater to the other side of the wall(laundry)My question is does tankless waterheater really works ?I have two bath.Thank you guys this is my first time asking.thanks again.I "m planning to buy the electric tankless water heater (TITAN).thanks for the input folks.
    havana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Tankless water heater vs. tank
    What is more cost effective electric tankless water heater or regular electric tank heater and does it mater the amount of consumption through out the day i.e. number of times hot water is used throughout the day?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 14, 2006, 08:51 AM
    Iv'e installed tankless water heaters and have nothing but the nicest things to say about them. True they cost from $500 for a three element to $600 for a top of the line four element. But consider, they will last 30 to 40 years compared to 8 or 9 of a regular heater. Expect a savings of 40 to 60% on your electric water heater bill.(Figure the savings over the years plus the replacement cost of heaters and it begains to pay for itself.) This unit will not leak or rupture and stays 99.5% efficient through out its lifespan.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heater [ 13 Answers ]

Tom, how are you doing? What are your thoughts on these tankles heaters? Are they really able to do the job of supplying all the hot water you need? I will have a large whirlpool tub, one shower, and the obvious other stuff. Washer, dishwasher, and sinks through out the house. Will they support...

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Tankless water heater issue [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replace my water heater with a tankless water heater. I purchase the Aquastar 250SX gas unit. The unit works great if I'm running hot water only. It will continuously give me hot water as long as I want it. However, when I want to reduce the tempurature by turning on the cold water,...

Tankless Water Heater [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking to install a GAS tankless water heater and I read that you need an area of 750 sq ft of combustable air for this unit I want to install. My question is; Does that mean that this has to be a wide open area because my basement is 1000 sq ft but it is framed out into 3 rooms. All rooms...

Tankless Water Heater venting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone tell me why you need to use stainless steel pipe for venting on a tankless gas water heater. What would happen if you connected to existing galvanized steel? Any info would be appreciated.

View more questions Search