Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ragman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 05:42 AM
    45692-001 blower control board will not turn blower on in either heat or cooling mode
    Armstrong G1N80 furnace blower control board will not turn on fan at all. Not in heat or cooling mode. I can hear a click when fan should be energized, but no fan startup. Pigtailed the fan hot and neutral,and fan works fine. Is this just a blower control board problem, or something else? We had some bad storms before this happened, and the furnace circuit breaker tripped out. Could the board be fried. I'd hate to just throw parts till it's fixed
    ragman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 06:34 AM
    45692-001 blower control board will not turn blower on in either heat or cooling mode
    In addition to the previous post, I removed the blower contron board, and it was all burnt on the back side. So I'm assuming the board is the problem, and needs to be replaced. As stated in previous post, circuit breaker tripped during storm, so maybe and overload/surge blew out the board? Funny though, the little spade fuse on the board never blew, only the circuit breaker in electrical panel tripped.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Sounds like the board is toast. It is also possible the unit has further damage from the storm power surge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor won't turn on in automatic mode it only turns on in manual mode [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ruud furnace and it won't turn on when set on "auto" mode,its only turning on in "manual" mode and blows heat.The fan turns on when put in the "on"/"fan" mode. I have to turn it off manually once the rooms have reached the desired temp.I could here the blowers start than they shut off...

Blower motor won't shut off in heat mode but works fine in A/C mode [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older lennox unit that is pilot light. The blower motor won't shut off when the temp is reached on the thermostat but it works fine in ac mode. What could cause this? I'm confused because it worked 2 weeks ago when I turned my ac off and the thermostat is in auto and only shuts off when I...

Blower in furnace works in heating mode, not in cooling mode [ 5 Answers ]

The furnace is an older model Carrier. I do not know at this time the exact model. It is at this time about 20 years old. The central air is a newer Carrier Performance series model. It is two years old. I have checked to make certain the blower moves freely; it does. The blower in the...

Carrier A/C Blower will not come on in A/C mode but works when in heat mode [ 3 Answers ]

I need some guidance. I have a Carrier A/C unit that has been working fine. Last night the fan stopped working for some reason in the A/C mode. But when I put the heat on, it works fine. The compressor and condenser work fine but the A/C fan just will not kick on. I thought it might be the...

Blower will not turn on on cooling but will work on heat? [ 6 Answers ]

My central a/c system inside blower will not turn on during cooling it will turn on during heat. Everything else on the system works. My system is over 13 years old.

View more questions Search