Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommyhut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 11:49 PM
    1990 toyota camry, washed engine now won't start
    I degreased the engine on my 1990 holden apollo (toyota camry) and chucked a bucket of water on it to wash it off and now it won't start, this was 3 days ago. I was careful not to hit the air filter, battery or fuses. When I take the air filter off and pump the throttle I can see fuel squirting in the carby so I know it is getting fuel. The spark plugs don't seem to be firing but I took the distributor cap off and the crank lever thing turns when it tries to start. I have dried what I can with a rag and sprayed the whole distributor area with WD40 to dissipate the water but no go. I have flattened the battery and now jump it from another car but still won't start. I can't believe this is so hardm surely there is something simple that I have missed? Any suggestions welcome.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 06:50 AM

. Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

. Remove alternator and have it tested for free at an auto parts store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 toyota camry won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Just bought the car,and was told the fuel pump was out. Put a new one on, but there's no power getting to it(tested with elec.tester) it also has no spark. It's a 4cyl. Le. And we have bought a repair manual for it, I just thought maybe someone on here might have some insight into similar problems...

93 toyota camry won't start [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 93 toyota camry also dad's a mechanic we checked there is no spark no power to the coil and we sent power straight to the coil with one of his tools and it blew his circuit breaker, no power going to the ign nor the fuel pump we were thinking it could be the ECM but still looking for any...

Toyota camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 98 Camry that won't start and I am trying to figure out what the problem. This is the situation: 1. I am a new driver, and I came outside to start my car after 7 days of not driving it in the cold 2. The car would do NOTHING at all. 3. I thought that it might be the...

My 1993 toyota camry won't start? [ 3 Answers ]

My camry will not engage the starter? I coulnt find a starter relay, or maybe I just don't know what relay controls it. The car will start if I turn the key on an touch the small lead on the starter with a 12+ jumper. The battery cranks the car over just fine which makes me think it's a relay, but...

1990 Toyota Camry (wont start) [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Camery won't start! Ive had the battery checked and just put in a new starter because it tested bad. When I turn the key all the lights come on on the dash. It's a 5 speed and runs great if I get a push and start it that way. I'm not sure how to check the ingnition, but was told that it...

View more questions Search