Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
    Ready Aim Fire - aka the GUN thread
    Ok, Hope its OK to start this thread about gun discussion and practices. Debate or recommend or tell your favorite gun stories. Above all respect opinions and have fun!!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:53 PM

Ok well I will repost seeing as I am a newb when it comes to gun owning. When I was 7 my father bought me a pellet gun, but it was too long for me, so he sawed off the butt of it. My friends used to make fun of me saying I shot it like a bazooka.

I've always wanted a Smith and Wesson. They sure are pretty. Anyone have a recommendation for a fem newbie S&W?
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:54 PM

Woo Hoo I was actually the FIRST, for ONCE YESSSS!! What do I win?/
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:55 PM

Lifetime supply of .PDF targets ;)

Lol

http://www.mytargets.com/
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:58 PM

.PDF targets? Remember, I'm new to this lol. I've only ever used beer bottles and tin cans. Oh and a dart board.

Haha thanks for that Edit!
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:59 PM

Yup, Knot a blonde.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Ok well I will repost seeing as I am a newb when it comes to gun owning. When I was 7 my father bought me a pellet gun, but it was too long for me, so he sawed off the butt of it. My friends used to make fun of me saying I shot it like a bazooka.

I've always wanted a Smith and Wesson. They sure are pretty. Anyone have a recommendation for a fem newbie S&W?
    Well its mostly personal choice as to what your comfortable with. Your best bet if possible is to find a gun range near you that rents guns. So you can try before you buy. Have you thought of what you might like in a gun such as pistol or revolver ?
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:01 PM

Yea, nope haven't gone that far. I live very close to a gun range, never even thought about doing that. So what would be the benefit of a pistol to a revolver?
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:04 PM

A revolver is the one with the cylinder that is round and after all the rounds are expelled you have to reload. A pistol is a semiauto type weapon and once you finish the rounds all you have to do is load another mag in it and your ready to go. A mag can hold anywhere from 7 or 8 rounds up to ones that can hold 15 or more and longer ones that hold up to 32 rounds. A typical cylinder is betweem 5 and 7 usually.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:06 PM

Well I like those old fashioned S&W's so I think a pistol might be nice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Nothing but the best targets for you, as your prize.

Credit for their sourse of high class targets http://zombieammo.com/zombiepress/20...oducing-jimmy/
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:09 PM

Oops I meant to say revolver. Sorry.

ZOMBIES!! Those make the best targets!
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Oops I meant to say revolver. Sorry.

ZOMBIES!!! Those make the best targets!
    I knew what you meant. Ok for starting you might want something on the small side so I would say 22lr, 22 magnum, 32 cal. 38 cal. anything in those sizes to get comfortable with would be good sizes for starting. Also if you have friends that own them get together with them and see if they can allow you to shoot what they have so you can get a feel for it. Mostly its indoor ranges that rent guns and pricing varies by area.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Nothing but the best targets for you, as your prize.

credit for their sourse of high class targets Zombie Targets & Zombie Tshirts Archive Re-introducing Jimmy
    Love zombie stuff for the range.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:16 PM

Well, actually we aren't so gun friendly here in Canada. My father has a lot of guns, but much bigger ones. Do you have to bring your own gun to a gun range, or is it like a shoe store, you can try them all on until you find one that fits?
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:18 PM

Depends on the range. Most indoor ones that have a gun store connected have the guns there for you to rent. And if you buy one you get the rental money back. Also you need to buy the ammo for it. Those ranges that are open field or outside ranges you normally bring your own.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:22 PM

Yea it's a retired military shooting range. So it is out side.

These two here are quite nice:

Generic Application Error Test JSP (Item)

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

I do like the longer barrels.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:29 PM

Now for storage, I have a new bedside safe, uses push buttom code so I can get into it within seconds. Bolts right under a night stand ( or on top) My one there is the only loaded gun in the home for defense ( and the one I normally carry) All the rest are in a locked cabinet also, but unloaded with the bullets all stored in fire proof safe.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:30 PM

Those are nice. I like the single/double action. Double action means you pull the trigger back and it pulls the "hammer" back at the same time. Single action means you can pull back the hammer and your ready to fire from there.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    now for storage, I have a new bedside safe, uses push buttom code so I can get into it within seconds. Bolts right under a night stand ( or on top) My one there is the only loaded gun in the home for defense ( and the one I normally carry) All the rest are in a locked cabinet also, but unloaded with the bullets all stored in fire proof safe.
    Nice set up. And can't stress enough about gun safety and operation. What caliber do you carry and have for home defense?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me could this be a sign of a electrical fire getting ready to start? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I am smelling smoke in my house but I can't see it and we have had problems with the electrical wiring for sometime now and the outlets smell like burning plastic all of the outlets smell like that and the outlets are warm to touch Oh and the breakers are not shutting off even when the...

Air aim not working how can iget on aim on my psp [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best aim for psp

My best friend Aka Sister [ 1 Answers ]

Why Doesn't she want me Or love me. Why doesn't she like me the way that I do. But is with and cares for others.

Weird Food Combinations aka Gun Control LOL [ 257 Answers ]

Okay, this may not be a combo exactly but I salt my cantelope melon. . Oh, now here is one, and my hubby likes peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches! :p Fried Mars bars?? :eek:

View more questions Search