Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 02:19 AM
    My homeowner's insurance company knows where a list of my weapons and their serial numbers is. That's as close as anyone gets to knowing how many or what kind of firearms are in my house.

All these licenses and permits and registrations I consider to be violations of our Constitution's 2nd Amendment.

That said, my favorites are the Browning A-5 light 12 shotgun and the Colt Trooper III in a .357 mag. Cat likes the Colt Commander in a .38.

Dad, when did revolvers stop being pistols?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    My homeowner's insurance company knows where a list of my weapons and their serial numbers is. That's as close as anyone gets to knowing how many or what kind of firearms are in my house.

All these licenses and permits and registrations I consider to be violations of our Constitution's 2nd Amendment.

That said, my favorites are the Browning A-5 light 12 shotgun and the Colt Trooper III in a .357 mag. Cat likes the Colt Commander in a .38.

Dad, when did revolvers stop being pistols?
    When the semi auto came in to existence. That's what Ive been told is the separation. Also I think its regional. Just like many people call a magazine a clip.
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    When the semi auto came in to existance. Thats what Ive been told is the seperation. Also I think its regional. Just like many people call a magazine a clip.
    Fascinating... I just looked up the definitions and Merriam Webster defines it as a handgun with the chamber integral to the barrel while the others define it as a firearm used one-handed. The things I learn while chatting here.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:11 AM

I just know what I am told. And besides that I just smile and nod. :)
    Dogs Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    V has to get his gun license for his new job... All I can picture is him running around buildings pretending to be an army man or something.
    He's already excited about getting a baton (aka whacking stick) while he waits for his license :rolleyes:

Friend of mine used to go out hunting Roo and Possum every weekend. Dogs loved it.
    Now that's something I'd like to see!
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 08:10 AM
    Fascinating... I just looked up the definitions and Merriam Webster defines it as a handgun with the chamber integral to the barrel while the others define it as a firearm used one-handed. The things I learn while chatting here.
    The one handed distinction comes in where you have a blackpowder because those could have been rifle or pistol. Pistol being the one handed style and rifle being 2 handed.
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 02:20 PM
    The one handed distinction comes in where you have a blackpowder because those could have been rifle or pistol. Pistol being the one handed style and rifle being 2 handed.
    Blackpowder longarms were more often muskets up until about 1750, being smoothbores rather than rifled guns. I'm being a little nit-picky, I know. My apologies. It comes from arguing with gun control nutcases.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Well I like those old fashioned S&W's so I think a pistol might be nice.

Do you like a revolver?
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 03:29 PM
    Blackpowder longarms were more often muskets up until about 1750, being smoothbores rather than rifled guns. I'm being a little nit-picky, I know. My apologies. It comes from arguing with gun control nutcases.
    I started this thread with the intent of having a place on AMHD to discuss guns or things with guns. So in being nitpicky it also increases the knowlage base and we all can learn something. So if you have an idea or comment or a gripe. Fire away. Your amongst friends now ;)
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Very well, then. I'm old school. I like my six shooter. In longarms I'm partial to shotguns. For distance work the Madsen Arms conversion of the Browning 30-06 with a Springfield action provides all you need on the North American continent.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 05:56 PM
    Very well, then. I'm old school. I like my six shooter. In longarms I'm partial to shotguns. For distance work the Madsen Arms conversion of the Browning 30-06 with a Springfield action provides all you need on the North American continent.

I'm too impatient with my husbands muzzle loader. He has a pistol.
    I have a snub nose revolver. I would like a smi- automatic handgun. Maybe a Glock.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I'm too impatient with my husbands muzzle loader. He has a pistol.
    I have a snub nose revolver. I would like a smi- automatic handgun. Maybe a Glock.
    That's like the one argument I always have with people about the types of guns. I always try to tell people that what works for them as a preference doesn't mean the next person that has a different choice is any worse off. To me as far as any firearm goes it has to fit the owner. Any gun your comfortable with is a good choice. The thing I hate now. At least around near me is ammo has gone up a lot in the last year making casual shooting expensive. But you have to to keep proficiant.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 06:36 PM
    Thats like the one argument I always have with people about the types of guns. I always try to tell people that what works for them as a preference doesnt mean the next person that has a differnt choice is any worse off. To me as far as any firearm goes it has to fit the owner. Any gun your comfortable with is a good choice. The thing I hate now. Atleast around near me is ammo has gone up alot in the last year making casual shooting expensive. But you have to to keep proficiant.
    You're right. We don't shoot as much as we used too. We used to go up to the old homeplace and shoot. Shooting ranges are expensive Ammo here is expensive. Oh for the good old days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:28 PM

Yes, my old muzzle loading group, some of them had cannons, mortars that shot tin cans full of concrete and so on.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, my old muzzle loading group, some of them had cannons, mortars that shot tin cans full of concrete and so on.

Plus.. it takes a while to load them or at least it does for me:D
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:36 PM

Some of the ones I knew, somehow did the powder in some paper packing, and then the packing and then the shooting item/

One, not sure how he did it had it sort of in some cardboard tube he would insert and pack.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Some of the ones I knew, somehow did the powder in some paper packing, and then the packing and then the shooting item/

One, not sure how he did it had it sorta in some cardboard tube he would insert and pack.
    We have muzzle loading season, bow season (I hate a bow) to hard to pull back. Regular season is fine.. I don't go. I'll bett we could find the powder at the B... pro shop for the muzzle loader.
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:55 PM

I make at least one annual visit to Dixie Gun Works, love their store,

Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.
    Dogs Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 07:57 PM

OoO This one is pretty!

Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post

Hey Bella... I know you know all about guns, since your Dad is Military... Bet you're a good shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me could this be a sign of a electrical fire getting ready to start? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I am smelling smoke in my house but I can't see it and we have had problems with the electrical wiring for sometime now and the outlets smell like burning plastic all of the outlets smell like that and the outlets are warm to touch Oh and the breakers are not shutting off even when the...

Air aim not working how can iget on aim on my psp [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best aim for psp

My best friend Aka Sister [ 1 Answers ]

Why Doesn't she want me Or love me. Why doesn't she like me the way that I do. But is with and cares for others.

Weird Food Combinations aka Gun Control LOL [ 257 Answers ]

Okay, this may not be a combo exactly but I salt my cantelope melon. . Oh, now here is one, and my hubby likes peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches! :p Fried Mars bars?? :eek:

View more questions Search