Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rafiya858 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 10:04 AM
    What does islam say about going to dargah and raising the graves of awliya
    Is the grave of prophet muhammed raised? Raising graves of awliya is permissible or not? Is there any hadith saying about the raising of graves?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 09:44 PM

"I[I]slam forbids erecting structures over graves, and commands that any such structures should be knocked down. But it is permitted to put a marker on the grave so that the family and friends of the deceased will know where it is. However, this marker should not be a structure or anything else that is not allowed in sharee'ah[/I]. "

Islam Question and Answer - Is it permissible to put a marker on a grave so that it will be known whose grave it is?
    Please refer link for detailed answer.

Please take a look at the following links too.
    Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on building mosques over graves

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a page on on islam watch (Incest is Halal in Islam) please answer it because [ 9 Answers ]

I saw this page while I was searching Google It is causing bad for islam and our prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon hin

Raising rent [ 3 Answers ]

In California, is there any limit as to how much a landlord can raise the rent and how much advance notice must the tenant be given?

Graves disease hyperthyroid? [ 2 Answers ]

I was having pre op blood work done 2 weeks ago and got results of tsh back <0.01 I was then sent to an endo doc who ran more tests free t3 and 4, only one to come back high was the free t3.and that was only mildly elevated to 4.8 He called and told me I had graves disease. On examination he said...

View more questions Search