Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherese28 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Can Someone please tell me how to go about writing a bid proposal.
    I need help in writing a bid proposal for cleaning apartment compex units. I have recently started my own company and I already have the license, bonding and isurance covered. I need to submit this bid asap. Can someone please help?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 05:07 PM

See if any of these help, I liked both the first two...

Search results for "Bid" - Templates - Microsoft Office
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 10:29 PM
    Hi, sherese28!

Are these apartment complexes where people are currently living? Or, are they vacant apartments, please?

Thanks!

Jun 21, 2010, 06:47 AM

These are vacant apartment complexes

Jul 4, 2010, 11:27 AM
    I have the information that I need and I also have my first contract. Thank you for your suggestion Info Junkie
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2010, 11:32 AM
    I'm glad that you were able to get a contract, sherese28! I also apologize that I didn't return to this thread after you had responded!

How are you getting your customers, please?

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2010, 12:39 PM
    Its OK Clough I know that you are probably very busy. But to answer your question. I have been doing a lot of research online and I put all that info together into a bid. My partner knows this guy, that used to work for an apartment complex, and he told her the price ranges. We slightly lowered our prices and submitted them. I go to the complexes and ask to speak to the person in charge of the cleaning crews and if they hire out I give them a copy of my bid. I have only approached 3 complexes and 2 stated they were very interested and would get back with me and 1 hired me on the spot. I haven't approached anymore yet because I have been busy with cleaning for the families that relocate for the military. Word of mouth keeps you very busy
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sherese28 View Post
    Its ok Clough I know that you are probably very busy. But to answer your question. I have been doing a lot of research online and I put all that info together into a bid. My partner knows this guy, that used to work for an apartment complex, and he told her the price ranges. We slightly lowered our prices and submitted them. I go to the complexes and ask to speak to the person in charge of the cleaning crews and if they hire out I give them a copy of my bid. I have only approached 3 complexes and 2 stated they were very interested and would get back with me and 1 hired me on the spot. I haven't approached anymore yet because I have been busy with cleaning for the families that relocate for the military. word of mouth keeps you very busy
    And a very, very good way to get new business also, way to go Sherese!

Stringer

Jul 4, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Thanks Stringer. I am so determined. I have always wanted to have my own cleaning business but never just really went all the way with it. I am licensed, insured and bonded. I have my business and appointment cards thanks to Vista. I really believe that I will do good because I am ambiguous. I know it will start slow but I will hang in there because I have nothing to lose. My husband is very supportive. This is not something that I am doing because we need extra income I am doing it because of a passion that I have for it therefore I have the time to research every step that I begin to make.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 01:40 PM

Sherese you JUST hit the nail directly on the head. Passion. Desire. Stick to itness. Thirsty for knowledge.

Passion and deciding that you have the zeal and you will not fail.

And, always continue to educate yourself; conventions, trade mags, associations, networking, etc. Never say it can't be done because I am an example that it can be done.

There are few cleaning companies that survive past 2 or 3 years but those that do have the qualities listed above and I like your attitude a lot. (Wanna work for me?? Kidding... )

Those that make it can make a lot of money and be very successful and give back to their communities also.

Listen to what is being said to you by the business people that you are around and LEARN continually, never stop. And read. TCB always!

After a while you may find that you will fall into a market niche in cleaning such as construction clean ups, retail cleaning, stadium cleaning, medical, etc... that is when you can concentrate on that market alone and become a true expert in that area.

Good luck my friend, :)

Stringer
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 02:20 AM
    Are you familiar with the following site, sherese28?

MilitaryAvenue.com | Supporting the Relocation, Travel, and Lifestyle Needs of the American Military Family

Congratulations on getting the business that you have so far! :)
    Dlaine Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2010, 09:51 PM
    I have opened my own business on May 9th

I have a 24hr road and tires service. I need have spoken to a cpa and was asked if I am charging sales tax. My answer was no. I have gotten a ein number but that is all for know.

I all so need to know what version of outlook do I need. And if there is any good ideas you have to get my name out to the public.

I have Vista card printed and past out
    I have a magnetic door sighn that is on both sides of my van
    On my work truck I have gottan 2 big banners that has the name of my buss and phone numbers it stick out like a sore thumb going down the high way

I have also made sighn and nailed them to telephone polls but I think the combition is taking them down.

When I started this buss there was NO on in my town doing road side service
    Than boom everyone came out of the wood work. I am completley mobile

When I opened I put an add on Craig List and there was no one doing road service and mechanice work

Than boom out of no wear we have 15 other peoaple that decided than can do the work to .

I wanted to put an advertisement on a streaming radio station from the net

That when I decided to make board and hang on telephone poles

The sighn seem to keep dispearing.

I am blessed the business is doing better than I thought just being opened

The papper work is a hassal

That is why I need to know what version of outlook to get
    And do I realley need to purchase libailltey for my customers

There is so much about having my own buss that I do not know
    But I am so willing to learn
    If you have any ideas I would be so blessed to follow them
    I also was told that I need to seaperate my assets

Wich I know assets are all my tools truck air comp genterator etc.

When I do get outloook and uploading on my computer the cpa says he will help me get everything together

Cpa is worried about taxes we are not charging
    Why are mostley cash some check.
    After getting ein number what do I need to do next.

I am in the process of opening a litgite buss account,

Thank you so much for your time
    Have a bless night dlaine
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 12:49 AM
    Hi, Dlaine!

First, this is the thread of someone else. This site doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New questions that aren't in some way, an answer to the very first question at the top of the page, need to be asked by starting a new thread. The questions that you have in your post aren't really related to the original question on this thread. Therefore, they really need to be on a different thread.

Now, I can move your post to a thread by itself. However, I don't really know how to title it, since you've asked at least three or more questions in it.

How would you like for it to be titled, please? Maybe "Questions About My New Business" might work?

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
    Comment on Dlaine's post
    Hello Dlaine. I would love to give you advice but as Clough stated you must start your own thread. Once you do that I will give you some imput.
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 02:04 AM
    Originally posted by sherese28

Hello Clough. I wasn't familiar with that website but I did check it out. I thank you sooo much for leading me on to it. Oh by the way I got my first doctor's office to clean today & now its an ongoing job. I was suppose to be a back up. I'm excited.
    Hey! That's great new!

Congratulations! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a Proposal [ 7 Answers ]

I need help writing a business proposal for a power washing job. I am supposed to give a quote on how much a job might cost. Can any give me an example of a bid proposal letter... Thanks

Writing a proposal [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having no luck in locating a free site to view samples of written proposals. My boss has instructed me to write a proposal to add additional staff to our unit. I understand the concept of what I need to include but I'm unable to find samples of this type of proposal. Majority of what...

Writing a business proposal [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just about starting an advertising agency and I need to know how to write a proposal for my clients

View more questions Search