Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greaturbanmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 08:51 PM
    AC won't turn on outside. When I flip the switch to AC on it trips the breaker.help!
    AC won't turn on outside. When I flip the switch to AC on it trips the breaker.help!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jul 2, 2010, 05:29 AM

If it trips the breaker instantly, you have a short and unless you are an electrician, its time to call a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfci breaker trips when I switch it on [ 1 Answers ]

I had to install 3 x GFCI breakers in my panel to bring my kitchen up to code following a kitchen remodel (lucky for me I have 3 separate circuits in my 10x10' kitchen !). Two of the breakers switch on fine and test OK. One of the breakers trips immediately when switched on. I have tested the...

Have to flip circuit breaker for furnace to turn on [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Bryant gas furnace that is 12 years old. I've replaced the filter, thermostat (last year) and the HSI about 2 or 3 years ago. The HSI doesn't have a crack and did recently file it once our problem first started. Our problem has been going on for about 3 years now when it gets cold...

Light Switch Trips Breaker [ 4 Answers ]

I installed new switch and light, the switch trips the breaker I must have wires wrong , what color goes where, Thanks

New switch trips breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I added a plg strip to an existing circuit,and plugged fluorscent fixture into strip.I then wired a switch and plugged it into strip. Off the switch I ran two 14/3 cables with plugs on the end to be used with portable lights.When switch is on everything works fine, but when I turn switch to off...

Light switch trips breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Here's question number 2 in switching out fans and light fixtures. I replaced the ceiling fan in my son's room with one from our previous home. After getting everything wired rather difficult because of some very short wires, the ceiling fan will work with the remote, but using the wall switch...

View more questions Search