Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 08:55 AM
    How is nutrition absorbed ?
    So this is something I can't find on the internet so that's why I'm doing this project,:rolleyes: So how is nutrition absorbed?:confused:

Thank you :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 09:14 AM
    The digestive system.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by izark
    so this is some thing i can't find on the internet so thats why im doing this project,:rolleyes: So how is nutrition absorbed?:confused:

thank you :D
    The human body comprises the elements that it eats and absorbs this into the bloodstream, the digestive system is the first step--In the digestive process-digestive juices help breakdown the chemical bonds between ingested compounds, some are directly absorbed into the bloodstream, others that are left over, are elimated through feces. Basically your body is breaking down the foods you eat into the vitamins-- and B and C are water soluble, (these your body uses right away) We need certain mineals like calicum in large amounts each day from the foods we eat and others like iron in small amounts. If your talking about the whole process starting from the first chew and the way food is processed in about stomach this is a fast overview

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutrition [ 4 Answers ]

Calculate the actual number of Kcal provided if diet consists of: 55% CHO, 15% protein, 30%fat and the total Kcal is 2200.

When does nutrition get absorbed after eating? [ 2 Answers ]

When does nutrition get absorbed by the body after eating?

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

HarmonyAHead - the first-ever self awareness, nutrition, virtual exhibition [ 1 Answers ]

For your Information : HarmonyAHead is the first-ever self awareness, nutrition, ecology and environment virtual exhibition. It is scheduled to make its Worldwide debut Sep. 1st 2005, for a period of 4 months, Till the 31st of December 2005, open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The Internet...

View more questions Search