Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcgreen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Bought an oil painting with the signature MJ Daniels. I cannot find this artist.
    Sorry do not have pic yet. Looks to be very old. Painting looks to be a old, euro, 19th century city landscape. The painting is signed MJ Daniels.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 09:41 AM

In Victorian times, painting was a gentrified hobby. Everyone painted and some were quite good. I can't find mention of this artist either.

Tick
    jcgreen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 05:34 PM
    The company that framed this is Garber's 1407 third avenue 80th street New York City. The round sticker looks old but, I cannot even find the address. Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Identify an artist signature on oil painting [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a small seascape oil painting from Cornwall about 20 years ago in LOOE. The artist has signed the painting and it looks life Schubert. I tried to upload a picture but did not have the icons available to do it. Does anyone recognise the artist? Thanks

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting [ 7 Answers ]

I received this Large oil painting from my parents estate. I believe they acquired it in the 50's or 60's (not sure) I've tried searching the artists name, but not sure if I am reading it correctly. R.B.Rchards. I would like more information on the artist and subject. No manifest at all.

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting [ 5 Answers ]

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting. Help, please identify. 16647 16648

View more questions Search