Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2003, 08:35 PM
    Biology
    What would happen if the aveoli (in the lungs) were to burst? Can they burst?
    nishant_yagnick Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 08:09 PM
    biology
    Basically, u'd die.
    Ok, to explain, there are conditions in which the alveoli burst.specially under old age, many deaths take place due to filling of fluid from the blood, filling up the alveolar spaces in the lungs.in some acute cases of pneumonia also, the alveoli which are swollen, and releasing lotsa mucus and are inflames, can burst.also if a lotta air, is forcefully pumped into u(no joke), suppose you give cpr to a kid, whose lungs are not yet developed, you could essentially burst his alveoli.besides pneumonia, there are other diseases also that can because bursting of alveoli.well, this would lead to a lotta complications, even if an only insignificant number get burst, they could still lead to severe internal haemorrhaging.the problems with alveoli bursting, is mainly that its practically inoperable. There are methods to effect the alveoli, but those are mainly chemical, not through surgery.burst capillaries can mend themselves, but if the number is significant... :-X... ither than that, basically your breathing will stop, u'll be put on an iron lung, and well,if things don't go well fast enugh, then your screwed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Component present in every part of a loop [ 26 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugars?

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

According to my hypothesis, bacteria that lived millions of years ago communicated by their body language. In scientific terms, the main problem with my hypothesis is that?

BS in biology? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of careers can I get with a BS in biology and I minor in health education, in the health care field?:confused:

View more questions Search