Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rab908 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 05:35 AM
    How do I get air to bath drain to help take waste quicker
    video of getting air behind water to help take waste away from bath quicker very slow draining water
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 07:11 AM

Tub has 1 1/2" drain. So water will not drain as quickly as some would want it to. Also tub draws some amount of air from overflow during draining. But that's before trap...

First, if drain is very slow than remove and clean stopper assembly, than check the trap. If still too slow, and tub has NO vent installed, you could install AAV vent . Place it as close to the trap as you can. That should help...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 19, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rab908 View Post
    getting air behind water to help take waste away from bath quicker.
    If you're talking about one of those Air blaster thingys, (see image) They only work before a vent. As Milon pointed out you'll have to close off the tub waste and overflow to make it work. And then only if the tub's wet vented back to the vanity drain line. A much better way would be to remove the innards from the tub waste and snake the line from there. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell from sink and bath waste [ 1 Answers ]

There is a smell coming from both the sink and waste outlets in the bathroom. Caustic Soda has been flushed through and the outside drain has also been flushed. What can be done to eliminate smell?

Bath Drain Waste and Vent For Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here is my original project I was working on but while read plumbing books I came across something that made me address my other post about the sewer smell in the upstairs sink. Anyway, this is a master bath project on the first floor. Attached is a diagram based off what I was thinking...

Adding bath drain in concrete for existing half bath [ 1 Answers ]

I want to turn a half bath into a full bath in my basement. Currently the washer and dryer along with the water heater are in the half bath along with the commode and sink. I want to add a bath tub and the lay out of the room is such that the tub installation would probably require less work if it...

Bath wash basin has extra waste pipe [ 1 Answers ]

The waste pipe on my bathroom basin has an extra pipe about 1/2" dia joining it just below the drain hole in the basin and before the trap. The pipe is flexible and goes off into the wall. Is it an extra drain for something? There is an air conditioning unit in the roof above. The main waste pipe...

View more questions Search