Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kehbila Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Murray lawn tractor not starting
    I have a murray lawn tractor and I hit a rock with the blade the other day and it went off. Now the tractor starts and crank but the engine doesn't turn over. It will start initially but the engine doesn't say on but for three seconds before going off again. Does anyone have any ideas, help?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 07:19 PM

You might check your flywheel key and see if its sheared.
    sandersp13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    you might check your flywheel key and see if its sheared.
    That is the best place to start sheared key can cause all kinds of starting issues .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Lawn Tractor Transmission [ 5 Answers ]

How can I check the transmission fluid level in a Murray Select Wide Body LT Lawn Tractor, 21 hp, 46" cut, MFG date 8.21.02. I can find NO help at the Murray website. Thanks, Phillip

My Murray 12.5 hp Lawn Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Model 405004x99, 2 year old Tractor with a Briggs & S. 12.5 hp engine has a very hard time starting. It has a clean air filter; good in-line fuel filter, clean/fresh gas; oil is new and gets spark from the plug. I have had to jump start the battery from a car and (on a different occasion) a...

Murray Ultra Lawn tractor not starting [ 9 Answers ]

I have 15 year old Murray Ultra Lawn Tractor. It has been wonderful. However, now it seems there is something wrong with the starter. It gets fire, but when it tries to turnover it makes a very high pitch "whirring" sound and won't engage. I replaced the spark plug a week or two ago and it has...

Murray lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a murray/stanley lawn tractor that has not been used in over an year. I replaced the batteries and added fuel and managed to start it up. I did also take the safety switch off under the seat since it was corroded. However when I take my foot off the clutch to move it or lower the blades,...

Murray Lawn Tractor will not engage the trans [ 1 Answers ]

iI have a Murray lawn tractor that will not endage the transmission. When I release the lever from the push mode to the drive mode it's still in the push mode. It's a model 425620X92A. CC

View more questions Search