Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It may include threats of physical harm...
    Liar.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:02 AM
    Liar.
    This was a dictionary definition moron
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    So, you've never heard of a perpetrator OFFERING up damages BEFORE he got sued? Really?? Welcome to the USA? Where are you? Ellis Island?? Dude!
    Wow, you made a really huge leap there.

I'd also suggest to you, Steve, that if BP didn't think the deal was fair, they can go to court. They really CAN. So, what ISN'T fair when you've got and offer, and acceptance of that offer??
    Here's the thing, I'm all for BP taking care of the whole stinkin' mess. I'm not fond of my government being a bunch of domestic jackbooted thugs looking for whose a$$ to kick, particularly while genuflecting to dictators and apologizing for America.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm not fond of my government being a bunch of domestic jackbooted thugs looking for whose a$$ to kick, particularly while genuflecting to dictators and apologizing for America.
    All Fox News talking points rolled up into one post, cool!

Of course the fact that it's an escrow fund shouldn't enter into your EXTORTION!!!!!!! debates.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    All Fox News talking points rolled up into one post, cool!
    Pretty cool that FNC gets its talking points from me, eh?

Of course the fact that it's an escrow fund shouldn't enter into your EXTORTION!!!!!!! debates.
    And that changes it how?

P.S. Here's another valid reason the Obots should back their boots off a tad, 'Reasonably high' chance BP files for bankruptcy.

Peter S. Kaufman, the President of investment bank Gordian Group and head of the firm's Restructuring and Distressed M&A practice, told me that if he had BP's ear, "I'd advise them to explore the option of bankruptcy." If he had the government's ear, he'd tell them to stop berating the company to the point where BP would find it appealing to use bankruptcy to limit its liabilities..
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 06:09 PM

Here is one of the comments he made to Wall Street CEOs when he wanted to do some jaw jawing .

"My administration is the only thing standing between you and the pitchforks,''

As I recall ,private investors suddenly got very interested in recapitalizing the zombies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do about my sister, who constantly criticizes me, never apologizes. [ 8 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore. My older sister is constantly criticizing me, saying mean things to me and never apologizes. On top of that she is very lazy, doesn't ever accept any criticism of herself, gets defense anytime I try and point out a double standard and tells me to get over it and...

Your Congressman [ 86 Answers ]

Hello: SHOULD your congressman represent you, or the corporate interests in your district? I ask, because our right winged friends think that ALL a business has to do to make money, is provide a good product at a good price... If that's so, then why would a businessman need representation...

Congressman Gary Ackerman [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Video - CNBC.com excon

Shakedown artist NY Governor Steam-roller Spitzer. [ 17 Answers ]

Joe Goldstein of NY Sun reports today that NY Guv. Elliot Spitzer is going to require major internet stores like Amazon.com to be his tax collectors . He wants to impose an 8.375% sales tax on internet purchases of those of us who have the "privilege" of living in NY . Spitzer's Christmas Tax...

A billion little spots [ 5 Answers ]

If anyone reading this has any advice please help... My face, top of my arms, chest and now boobs are absolutely covered in tiny tiny tiny lile black head spots, if you squeeze them (this sounds disgustin sorry, but you do actually get puss like stuff oozing from them) the worst areas are like...

View more questions Search