Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siautumn21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 03:03 AM
    Need help with dying hair red!
    Hello,

My hair is naturally medium-dark brown, but I've been dying it for quite some time now. I want to achieve a reddish brown color, but have had no luck so far! The only thing that seems to happen is that the top of my head and my roots take the color, and the ends of my hair turns dark... so you can only see the red under lights! I don't want to bleach my hair as it's already pretty damaged, if I just buy the hair dye a few shades lighter will that make the red show up more? Help!:confused:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 06:02 PM
    If you use a box of at-home hair color on your hair, it will result in a brassy and uneven color. In order to go from brown to red or auburn, you will need to lighten your hair at least a level lighter than the desired color and then apply the selected color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Dying dark hair red [ 12 Answers ]

I'm going to give a lot of background so forgive me for being wordy. I have naturally dark auburn hair. Actually, it's more dark than it is auburn but the red highlights are definitely there. In fact, I have a natural streak of true carrot-top red on my front hairline and I really love it (my...

Hair dying [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is naturally blonde and I decided to dye it slightly darker so it was a dark blonde/light brownish. I used a non-permanent dye that said it would wash out in 28 shampoos. I decided I really missed my blonde hair and got more non-permanent blonde hair dye. It didn't really work, my hair is...

Dying natural red hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have natural light red hair and have been dying it chocolate brown for the past 2 years. I try to go without dying my regrown excessively as each time I do, the bits of hair already died become darker and I get inconsistencies. Is there a quick way to neutralise the red colour coming...

Dying my black hair red [ 2 Answers ]

OK my hair was naturally red,like a long time ago,this school year when I came I dyed it black, after a while I have been wanting my red back, well me and a friend bought the light arburn red lazt night and did my hair,it died my roots really pretty but the rest didn't work,llike you can barley...

View more questions Search