Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madcat4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
    Mtd lawn mower troubleshooting
    Model number 13BH670F062 serial number 1D240B40228 This lawn tractor has been setting for aprox.2 years in the weather. It started right up with a battery recharge and fresh gas. I replaced the mower belt with the correct number belt now when the tractor starts the mower deck (blades) are moving. When I adjust the deck height the motor back fires and shuts off. What did I do wrong or what do I have to replace ? Thank you for any help.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jul 2, 2010, 05:44 AM

If the blades are moving when you start the tractor something is wrong with your belt routing to your clutch. Do you have a belt diagram or is there one on the deck?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Mtd lawn tractor troubleshooting [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2008 MTD lawn tractor that has recently began slowing to a stop and then a very slow crawl while going up hill. It still moves and mows well in the flatter and gentiler grades although at times the speed will decrease even then. This machine used to take the uphill slopes with great...

Mtd lawn mowers troubleshooting [ 22 Answers ]

Lawn tractor will not start. Had battery charged, goes to 15amp makes tatata sound when turn the ignition key. Please reply

Mtd mower troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

I have a LT 542-H riding mower with a hydro static transmission. I stopped to gas up and when I got ready to start mowing again it will not move. I have tried to disengage the transmission lever on the rear of the mower to put the mower around but the wheels still will not turn. The pulley and...

Mtd lawn mower troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MTD lawn tractor with a 16.5 HP briggs. I stopped dead while mowing. It has spark, I replaced the in line fuel filter. It will start with starting fluid, so I believe it's a fuel problem. I took the fuel line off and tried to blow into the carb but I couldn't blow, it was solid so I took...

View more questions Search