Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gyu1629guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 04:07 PM
    What's the Oregon law on underage dating
    An 18 year old is dateing a 16 year in Oregon is this agisnt the law?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2010, 04:25 PM

Dating isn't the problem; sex with minors is.
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Jun 30, 2010, 07:02 PM
    I believe the age of consent in Oregon is 18.
    But there is no problem if you are dating her, as long as you don't have sex with her, because if you do, it would be considered Statutory rape
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2010, 07:11 PM

There is no law anywhere in the US that governs dating. The laws all refer to sexual activity. Since the age of consent is 18, you can't have sex with her, but, as long as her parents are OK with it, you can date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Underage dating law Louisiana [ 2 Answers ]

I am 14 and my boyfriend is 17 I am turning 15 in October is it legal for me to date him in the state of Louisiana.. I do not plan on having sex with him.

Canadian law for underage dating in new brunswick 2010 [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 17 year old male dating a 15 year old femal who turns 16 on January 22 this month ad I don't turn 18 till may 1st so if I was to move out and live with her and her parents would my dad be able to send me to court for underage dating?

Underage dating [ 23 Answers ]

Okay, so I am 16 years old and my boyfrient is 20. I will be 17 in September and he is turning 21 in may. If we aren't having sex and my parents agree, then is it okay for us to be together? Even though we're over 4 years apart?

Underage dating [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help... My mom think that I can get in trouble with the law if I date someone over 20 I'm now 16 and I found this guy that has a lot in common with me and he really cares about me, and I asked my mom if I could date him and she said that me and him could both get in trouble for underage...

Underage dating [ 5 Answers ]

If my boyfriend is almost 18... and I'm almost 13... would we be in trouble for dating?? :confused: :confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search