Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psyber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 12:02 AM
    Buying a short sale house
    I bid on a short sale house in June 2009 and received a call from them after 10 months of waiting to go ahead buy the house but after we did the appraisal the house is no longer worth what they are selling for. It was appraised for less than 50k so, we made a bid again for the amount of the appraisal but told us to wait another 30 to 45 days to decide but made us wait another 60 days and told us that they want to stick to the original price. Which by the way I paid 2 appraisal for 1000 dollars. After my realtor told me that they are going to stick to the price seconds after he told me they put the house back in the market. I found out that bank wants to go after the seller for some of the money. Bank knew that the house is not worth it anymore. I felt cheated and now another person going to bid that house and pay for appraisal which by the way is not cheap which they have no intention to sell at all. What can I do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 07:32 AM

Hello p:

If you don't have a signed purchase and sale agreement, there's NOTHING you can do. It's true - the real estate market is cut throat.

My advice is, don't fall in love with a house.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I wanted to purchase a home in short sale process can I sell my house first [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home but want to buy a home that is in a short sale now, do I have time to sell my current home so I can financially be able to purchase the short sale home?

Lost job House going into short sale [ 1 Answers ]

I am 63 years old and I have lost my well paying job and have lots of debts which I am not paying. (I live in Wisconsin) I cannot afford my house so it is going into a short sell. I have a small amount of money in retirement which may be enough to purchase a forclosed house in cash. Is this...

What's the process for buying a "Short Sale" or Foreclosed home? [ 2 Answers ]

New to FL and looking for Homes many great deals are offered as bank approved for short sale... the term is new to us... What's the process or risks associated with a Short Sale?

How to evict previous owner from short-sale house purchase! [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing a home in Sacramento through a short-sale. The bank has sold us the house but the previous owners have stated that they cannot get out by the closing date. What are my options? Thank you!:(

Relocated , Buy house before short sale? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been relocated with his company from California to Oregon. We've had our house up for sale for almost 3 months now reducing the price gradually from 269k to 229k w/out any calls. I've had different options thrown out at me. Some say buy a house in Oregon, before negotiating a short...

View more questions Search