Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    road dog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Blasphemy Holy Spirit
    I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin I would end all this depression so I said D... the spirit and then cried like a baby.Please help Road dog
    miss22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2006, 09:34 PM
    What exactly are you asking help for? I know what happened but I am not sure what type of answer you are looking for. Please explain.
    kaka Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 09:53 PM
    First thing First. You have to know that there is a Creator. God created us to Worship Him (I don't mean that God is a Man by the word "Him"). Remember, you are born free of sin. That's what we, Muslims, believe. God sent His Prophets to guide us so that we will be successful, both in this world and the Hereafter. Jesus (peace be upon him) did not die, but was taken to the heavens and He will come back Unite the righteous and pious. He was a ONLY a man, just like all other prophets, like Noah, Abraham, Moses and Muhammad. Every prophet had their own Miracles. The Last prophet of God was Muhammad (PBUH). He doesn't ask you to worship him, but he invited people to Worship God alone.

So ask yourself, why should you be punished for something Adam and Eve (Peace be upon them) did? If Jesus was God, why did he then die? God never dies. If God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit are three different beings, then it defies logic, because 1+1+1 =3 not 1. For more info, go to TurnToIslam dot com or go to YouTube and search New Muslims.

May God guide you to his straight Path. Amen.
    miss22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2006, 10:00 PM
    I am confised as to what you want help on... You are asking for help but what is your question. I have a lot of information from you but no question. I would love to help in any way that I can however what question are you looking for an answer to?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 03:53 AM
    You did not commit an unforgivable sin. I strongly suggest that you speak to your pastor.

It sounds like you are not Catholic, but let me suggest you consider speaking to a Priest. It will be completely anonymous so you won't have the pressure of speaking to one who knows you. Many Priests talk to non-Catholic Christians for this very reason.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 13, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by road dog
    I was in church one sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severly depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night i got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin I would end all this depression so I said D... the spirit and then cried like a baby.Please help Road dog

First, all urges and needs that one feels while attending church are not necessarily induced by the holy spirit. Some are simply thoughts and emotions that we bring to church with us and emerge during worship. If indeed you had a good reason not to let yourself be led by that urge then God reads your heart and knows the reason why. He is a patient God and knows that we sometimes hesitate over decisions. It's part of being human and he doesn't hold it against us.

Psalm 103:13-15 (King James Version)
    14For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

As for sins, he sent his son Jesus who paid the price for any sin you might commit and repent of--so neither is there any need for depression there.

John 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

As for the depression that caused you to cry out in the manner you did--God knows
    you were suffering great psychological pain and wanted peace of mind. Since he knows your real motive-he is not viewing you in any unmerciful manner.

Psalm 44:21
    Shall not God search this out? For he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Instead he is looking at you with compassion and wishes that you would approach him in prayer, speak to him as a son to a loving father knowing that he will forgive you.

James 5:15
    And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

It saddens him to be thought of in the way you describe him. Remember, above all things God is love.

Psalm 116:5
    Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    -

Dec 13, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaka
    First thing First. You have to know that there is a Creator. God created us to Worship Him (I don't mean that God is a Man by the word "Him"). Remember, you are born free of sin. That's what we, Muslims, believe. God sent His Prophets to guide us so that we will be successful, both in this world and the Hereafter. Jesus (peace be upon him) did not die, but was taken to the heavens and He will come back Unite the righteous and pious. He was a ONLY a man, just like all other prophets, like Noah, Abraham, Moses and Muhammad. Every prophet had their own Miracles. The Last prophet of God was Muhammad (PBUH). He doesn't ask you to worship him, but he invited people to Worship God alone.

So ask yourself, why should you be punished for something Adam and Eve (Peace be upon them) did? If Jesus was God, why did he then die? God never dies. If God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit are three different beings, then it defies logic, because 1+1+1 =3 not 1. For more info, go to TurnToIslam dot com or go to youtube and search New Muslims.

May God guide you to his straight Path. Amen.

This person is not an atheist so I really don't see why he needs to be reminded that he should believe in God. Also, Christians know that Jesus did not remain dead forever and that he was resurrected and joined his heavenly father in heaven. So that idea is irrelevant. Christians also know that while on earth Jesus was both a prophet and a man. No Christian denies this. Not all Christians agree that he was God. However, and this is a very significant however, all Christian agree that Jesus was the Son of God and that he died for the sins of mankind. In short, all Christians accept him as the only way for us to gain salvation.

My question is this. How is it helping this person to tell him to renounce his faith?

BTW
    I am aware that Muslims believe that the OT is inspired of God and accept the Genesis account as historical. Being that is the case, then how is it that you claim that mankind is sinless when there is ample testimony in the OT that mankind is indeed in need of a Ransom sacrifice? On what do you base this sinless mankind idea?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2006, 12:48 PM
    no, you did not, there is some debate as to what that sin truly is, many great minds believe it was a sin only possible during the actual life of Christ.

But if you look at the life of the 12 apostles, Peter who even denied Christ himself,

You merely were called, you refused, and often people are called, answer and then back slide, and go again and again.

The main issue is that it is bothering you, so you are being reminded of this action by the Holy Spirit, ( I call this conviction) it is telling you that you need to make the move, that you were called to do.
    kaka Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 04:54 PM
    StarMan, first of all, I apologies in advance, if I offend you or anyone else in regard to their religion, as to that is not my intention. Furthermore, I didn't mean that the inquirer (road dog) was atheist, but I wanted to inform him to be open minded and make research about other religions to see if they offer any truth. Now back to some of the points you made in your reply to me.

*Note: A Muslim is not a Muslim, until he believes in All the prophets, including Jesus (PBUH)*
    1. 1. I know that Christians believe Jesus (PBUH) was resurrected and was taken to the Heavens. However, we, Muslims, do not believe that He died, in the first place. God took him before his enemies hands reach him.
    2. 2. Indeed we believe in the previous Scriptures and Books which are revealed to other prophets. However, people who disagreed whith these books, changed them and they lost their credibability and that is one of the reasons why God always sent Prophets one after another to remind them of God. Therefore, the original OT (i.e. previous holy books) God did not mention about Original Sin and it's man made. On the other hand, God created us Sinless so that we will not be acountable for something that we did not do. If we are not sinless, then what kind of Just and Fare God would He (not meaning God has a sex) be if he punishes us for something we did not do? Let me put it in an example you would understand. If you commit a murder, would it be fare if the police hold your Brother/Father/mother accountable for your crime? I think we both know the answer to this. And that's simple logic. God is not born nor did He give birth to anyone. He is Merciful, Powerful, and Indeed Forgiving. He is the First and He is the Last.
    -

Dec 13, 2006, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaka
    StarMan, first of all, I apologies in advance, if I offend you or anyone else in regard to their religion, as to that is not my intention. Furthermore, I didn't mean that the inquirer (road dog) was atheist, but I wanted to inform him to be open minded and make research about other religions to see if they offer any truth. Now back to some of the points you made in your reply to me.

*Note: A Muslim is not a Muslim, until he believes in All the prophets, including Jesus (PBUH)*
    1. 1. I know that Christians believe Jesus (PBUH) was resurrected and was taken to the Heavens. However, we, Muslims, do not believe that He died, in the first place. God took him before his enemies hands reach him.
    2. 2. Indeed we believe in the previous Scriptures and Books which are revealed to other prophets. However, people who disagreed with these books, changed them and they lost their creditability and that is one of the reasons why God always sent Prophets one after another to remind them of God. Therefore, the original OT (i.e. previous holy books) God did not mention about Original Sin and it's man made. On the other hand, God created us Sinless so that we will not be accountable for something that we did not do. If we are not sinless, then what kind of Just and Fare God would He (not meaning God has a sex) be if he punishes us for something we did not do? Let me put it in an example you would understand. If you commit a murder, would it be fare if the police hold your Brother/Father/mother accountable for your crime? I think we both know the answer to this. And that's simple logic. God is not born nor did He give birth to anyone. He is Merciful, Powerful, and Indeed Forgiving. He is the First and He is the Last.

God intended the Bible to be his message for mankind and no power in the universe, much less the whims of puny mortal man could stop him from assuring that his letter to mankind would remain virtually intact. So what you suggest is an impossibility based on God's almightiness alone.

Daniel 4:35 "The Most High does according to his will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand."

The Trustworthiness of the Bible
    http://www.apologeticsinfo.org/paper...fthebible.html

Has the Bible been corrupted, altered, edited, revised, or tampered with?
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-corrupted.html

BTW
    Jesus, whom Muslims claim to respect-considered the Genesis account historically accurate and the OT sacred scripture. So I guess your tampering accusation has to be leveled at the NT as well in order to maintain the Koran as the ultimate authority on matters of faith--right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Let us not get into an Islam / Christian argument,

This poster was a Christain, asking about a issue about the Holy Spirit, and had nothing to do with islam. ( so in basic a answer from a faith that did not believe in the Holy Spirit was not really called for her, since it did not address this posters issures)

And of course all in Christian faith do not accept Islam as a true belief, and it is obvious that they do not accept Christainity as valid.
    That issue is not going to be solved on this or any board.

If the POPE can't solve it, we most certainly are not.
    Bairdh Posts: 21, Reputation: 9

Jan 13, 2007, 12:15 AM
    I was in church one sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severly depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night i got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin I would end all this depression so I said D... the spirit and then cried like a baby.Please help Road dog
    It is not too late to go to the altar now...
    scarface1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Jesus mentions a sin that is unforgivable in Matt. 12:31-32 and calls it blasphemBy simply looking at the context it becomes apparent that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is saying that Jesus did His miracles by the power of the devil. And not of the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were attributing this to demonic activity. This is a great blasphemy.
    No. A believer cannot commit the unforgivable sin. How can someone who has been born again (John 3:7), made a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), and received eternal life (John 10:27-28) actually commit the unforgivable sin he cannot! There is no biblical support for a believer committing this sin. It just hasn�t happened. Also, if you are worried that you may have committed the sin and can't be forgiven, then don't be concerned. If you are worrying about it, then you haven't committed it. If you are worried about it, then that is a sign that you have not committed it. If you had, you wouldn't be concerned. Hoped this helps...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The gift of the Holy Spirit [ 7 Answers ]

This is a two part question- 1.-- I am looking for scriptures that would shows where anyone ever spoke in an unknown tongue(unknown to the speaker & hearer) after receiving the Holy Ghost. 2.--- I also need some verses to support being slain in the spirit. Where is there any record where anyone...

Spirit army [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem very shocking it certainly was to me. The other night in bed under the influence, I happened to see a dark figure come out of the bathroom door. I prayed to God , my spiritual advisor and to to send all good spritits tohelp me. The images left my room. The next day looking out the...

"Speaking against the Holy Ghost" [ 2 Answers ]

Jesus used the curious phrase as reported by Matthew, Matthew 12:31-32 "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it...

Holy Cow! [ 46 Answers ]

Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about the kid that ran away from the military to Canada to avoid going to Iraq. His first excuse was that he thought if he returned he'd be persecuted, but since that didn't fly, he decided to claim the war was illegal. Obviously because this wasn't his first...

View more questions Search