Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imayet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 01:54 AM
    Water condensing from stone slabs into droplets into cellar
    My problem is water condenses from the stone slab in front of my house only when it rains how can I overcome this situatiion
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 08:12 PM

This is not condensation, it is a leak. U can try to seal the stone but will make it slippery when wet.

Should have been sealed before stone was installed.

Chuck
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 08:27 PM

There tons of masonry/brick/Stone sealer that will prevent this and Won't make it slippery.

http://www.baneclene.com/catalog/impregnator-pro.html
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 02:54 AM

Thanks 21boat

Guess I'm showing my age.

Chuck
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by creahands View Post
    Thanks 21boat guess I'm showing my age.

Chuck
    No Biggie Chuck, I'm not that young either. Products change so quickly..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water droplets under kitchen sink [ 8 Answers ]

I have been noticing some kind of smell in my kitchen for some days now and have tried to find but couldn't. Finally today I tried hard and realized that smell is coming somewhere from cabinet under kitchen sink. Investigating further, I noticed water droplets under kitchen sink and these drops...

What do I need to lay flag stone on a stove Hearth over cement board 1 in. Stone [ 1 Answers ]

I'am building a 20sq. ft. raised hearth for a woodstove. I put down 3/4 plywood. I'am going to put down cement board for fire code. What do I need to lay 1 in. flagstone over this./ mortor mix/ sand?

Patio leaking water along foundation wall into cellar [ 2 Answers ]

I have a concrete patio that is pitched back towards the foundation and water pools against the foundation and leaks down the outside of the foundation and onto the cellar floor. Does anyone have a suggestion how to correct this.

Carrier condensing furnace has water in PVC pipes [ 2 Answers ]

QUOTE=redgoat67]Hello, I have a Carrier 58SXB100 Deluxe gas fired electronic condensing furnace purchased 16 years ago. The furnace seems to work OK as far as heat output. However, with a recent cold snap of week-long temperatures of near zero, I can hear a gurgling sound from inside one of the...

Carrier condensing furnace has water in PVC pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier 58SXB100 Deluxe gas fired electronic condensing furnace purchased 16 years ago. The furnace seems to work OK as far as heat output. However, with a recent cold snap of week-long temperatures of near zero, I can hear a gurgling sound from inside one of the large pvc pipes...

View more questions Search