Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post

Also not sure what type of trend you believe in but ammo sales have been steady and growing for the longest time now.
    I can buy all the ammo I want.it's the guns I can't have.. oh well, go out in the blaze with the rest of the people.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I can buy all the ammo I want.it's the guns I can't have..oh well,,go out in the blaze with the rest of the people.

Bet I can outshoot any of you men. I've got a .38 Lady Smith.
    I can shoot a grain of sand off a fly at 100 feet:cool:
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Bet I can outshoot any of you men. I've got a .38 Lady Smith.
    I can shoot a grain of sand off a fly at ioo feet:cool:
    Id like to see that. Then again I have punched the same hole in the target at 100 yards using iron sites on a 9mm pistol ;)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
    I was quite a shooter when I could possess guns, but no more,, somehow I believe it's like riding a bike,you can pick it back up as soon as the need arises.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Id like to see that. Then again I have punched the same hole in the target at 100 yards using iron sites on a 9mm pistol ;)

Whoa! Myy husband used to have a 44 Ruger Red Hawk... We used to practice a lot.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:40 PM

At the risk of hyjacking a thread I put a place for us all to talk about all things guns.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ml#post2402071
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:40 PM

Hahah I have a sawed off pellet gun. Yea! You better not mess with this! Lol. It's actually only the butt of the gun that's sawed off. But I do like the looks of those Smith and Wesson's.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:43 PM
    At the risk of hyjacking a thread I put a place for us all to talk about all things guns.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ml#post2402071
    Thanks CFD3...
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 08:36 PM

I think a lot of people were scared at the turn of the Century... 2000.
    I 'm not scared about the world ending.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 08:46 PM

I am. I think about it often. I'm not one of those crazies, but I do think about it often. I think it's sad.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 09:14 PM

Grrr.

I just spent a good 10 minutes writing a post for this thread and then AMHD crashed for me. :(

I may just have a hissy fit!

Here I go again. Second try.

I haven't read the other posts, so I'll just respond to the original question.

Ben, I've been forewarned about two cataclysmic, earth shattering events. At least they were earth shattering to me. I knew both my parents were going to die before they died. Both times I sat by, unable to do anything, and just watched them fade away, took care of them, held them, watched them die. I don't recommend it.

At the end, I hate to say it, feel guilt about it, I actually thought that the waiting was the worst part, I actually wished that they'd hurry and die already, because each day was torture, each day we sat there waiting for the inevitable to happen. We didn't live during that time, we just waited.

Most people think that if they knew the world was ending, they'd go out and do the things they've always wanted to do. They'd tell their loved ones that they love them, spend time with their family, go to Hawaii, whatever is on their list of important things to do.

My questions is this. Why are you waiting? What are you waiting for? Does the world have to end in order for you to live?

Each day I have with my kids, my husband, my loved ones, is a gift. Each day is special. I may not be able to afford to pack up our bags and go to Hawaii, but everything that's important to me is being done every day. I would have no regrets if the world ended tomorrow.

So no, I wouldn't want to know about it. I wouldn't want to spend each day worrying about something I can't change. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, living each moment, loving each moment, and never putting off what is important to me.

Face it, a plane could land on you tomorrow. Every day is a gift. I suggest no one waits to open it.

Just my opinion. :)
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Grrr.

I just spent a good 10 minutes writing a post for this thread and then AMHD crashed for me. :(

I may just have a hissy fit!

Here I go again. Second try.

I haven't read the other posts, so I'll just respond to the original question.

Ben, I've been forewarned about two cataclysmic, earth shattering events. At least they were earth shattering to me. I knew both my parents were going to die before they died. Both times I sat by, unable to do anything, and just watched them fade away, took care of them, held them, watched them die. I don't recommend it.

At the end, I hate to say it, feel guilt about it, I actually thought that the waiting was the worst part, I actually wished that they'd hurry up and die already, because each day was torture, each day we sat there waiting for the inevitable to happen. We didn't live during that time, we just waited.

Most people think that if they knew the world was ending, they'd go out and do the things they've always wanted to do. They'd tell their loved ones that they love them, spend time with their family, go to Hawaii, whatever is on their list of important things to do.

My questions is this. Why are you waiting? What are you waiting for? Does the world have to end in order for you to live?

Each day I have with my kids, my husband, my loved ones, is a gift. Each day is special. I may not be able to afford to pack up our bags and go to Hawaii, but everything that's important to me is being done every day. I would have no regrets if the world ended tomorrow.

So no, I wouldn't want to know about it. I wouldn't want to spend each day worrying about something I can't change. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, living each moment, loving each moment, and never putting off what is important to me.

Face it, a plane could land on you tomorrow. Every day is a gift. I suggest no one waits to open it.

Just my opinion. :)

Mine crashed too... Aliens... Ruuuuuuun:eek:
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 02:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    The only 100% fatal human condition -- nativity
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Well I for one Tick, think you are magnificent! I enjoy you greatly.

I think JMJ was making a play on words so to speak. Like a bug killer and a tick being friends. heheh :)
    Thank you AB I appreciate your comment.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Thank you AB I appreciate your comment.
    It was just a silly joke, tick. You know I respect your wisdom.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The only 100% fatal human condition -- nativity
    Nativity plays?

I agree they are bad, but 100% fatal?
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    nativity plays?

i agree they are bad, but 100% fatal?

Naivety? we all knew what he meant... 2012... or tomorrow... doesn't bother me. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 10:53 AM
    nativity plays?

i agree they are bad, but 100% fatal?
    LOL! Always fear the nativity plays.

Fatality rate could be high. Mary could fall off the donkey. The roof of the stable could collapse. The cow could eat out of the feed trough/manger and accidentally chew on the baby Jesus.

So many things could go wrong. :eek:
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Naivety? ,we all knew what he meant....2012...or tomorrow....doesn't bother me. :)
    Yeah I know, but I saw an opportunity and went for it :)
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:58 AM
    yeah i know, but i saw an opportunity and went for it :)

I know! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 2012 real? [ 7 Answers ]

I mean, is it? Today the weather is hotter than usual, lots of earth quakes going on, and food shortage and population are worst.

What do you think of 2012? [ 4 Answers ]

There are no bad answers. There are no asnwers. Only opinions. What are yours?

Passover 2012 [ 1 Answers ]

On what day is passover in the year 2012 ?

2012 doomsday [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think will happen on the 21st December 2012? :rolleyes: Will the earth change, be destroyed? Will it be the end? :eek: Discussion please!!

2012 Real? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering what thoughts people had on 2012. From what I have heard, I'll just sum it up, 2012 is supposed to be the ending of the myan calendar and something like a judgement day is supposed to happen that year. What are your thoughts?

View more questions Search