Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 12:46 PM

You are screwed if you live in Megaton bear... I plan on blowing it up ;)

(do I get half a cookie?)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    You are screwed if you live in Megaton bear... I plan on blowing it up ;)

(do I get half a cookie?)
    Yes you do :D
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 02:33 AM
    Back to Ben's question:

Do you remember the movie "The Day After"? Not the eco-disaster but the nuke disaster movie? It had a scene of a beautiful palfrey quarterhorse galloping in a field when the flash came. I want to be the horse.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Back to Ben's question:

Do you remember the movie "The Day After"? Not the eco-disaster but the nuke disaster movie? It had a scene of a beautiful palfrey quarterhorse galloping in a field when the flash came. I want to be the horse.
    And I'll be the jackass in the corner of the field. As usual.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Back to Ben's question:

You can slap me up the side of the head, cats, but knowing horses I really have to correct your terminology of 'palfrey' which wasn't a quarterhorse. A 'palfrey' was a particular well trained arabian favoured for its 'gait' (there are several gaits one good example being the way a Tennessee walker horse 'walks', I guess you might call it a controlled canter) by the gentry in the middle ages because this horse 'ambled'; was used mostly in ceremonies, and for quiet outings. So... palfreys weren't quarter and they didn't gallop.

Sorry

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    you can slap me up the side of the head, cats, but knowing horses I really have to correct your terminology of 'palfrey' which wasnt a quarterhorse. A 'palfrey' was a particular well trained arabian favoured for its 'gait' (there are several gaits one good example being the way a tennessee walker horse 'walks', I guess you might call it a controlled canter) by the gentry in the middle ages because this horse 'ambled'; was used mostly in ceremonies, and for quiet outings. So.....palfreys werent quarter and they didnt gallop.

sorry

tick
    I see you didn't correct MY remark.

Poor little Jackme.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    I see you didn't correct MY remark.

Poor little Jackme.
    well you see, a jackass is a jackass is a jackass, they don't have too much of a history, do they; so yours didn't need correcting. I just hope cats won't be too angry at me, but I just couldn't help myself.;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 07:09 AM
    well you see, a jackass is a jackass is a jackass, they dont have too much of a history, do they; so yours didnt need correcting. I just hope cats wont be too angry at me, but I just couldnt help myself.;)
    And I thought I was the only one in that field... oh well, back to eatin' briars.
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 08:26 AM
    you can slap me up the side of the head, cats, but knowing horses I really have to correct your terminology of 'palfrey' which wasnt a quarterhorse. A 'palfrey' was a particular well trained arabian favoured for its 'gait' (there are several gaits one good example being the way a tennessee walker horse 'walks', I guess you might call it a controlled canter) by the gentry in the middle ages because this horse 'ambled'; was used mostly in ceremonies, and for quiet outings. So.....palfreys werent quarter and they didnt gallop.

sorry

tick
    I stand corrected. I thought palfrey was the term for a grey so light as to be white. I didn't realize it was breed specific. My bad.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 08:58 AM

Hi cats, thanks.. Many dapple greys are born black and turn grey with age. Usually dark skin underneath, usually see that lovely delicate looking breed Arabian as dapple grays, having more dapple on their hindquarters. There are only so many people one can correct without turning it into a bad feeling. I sort of knew your personality here would not allow that to happen.

Happy tick
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 11:19 AM
    hi cats, thanks.. Many dapple greys are born black and turn grey with age. Usually dark skin underneath, usually see that lovely delicate looking breed Arabian as dapple grays, having more dapple on their hindquarters. There are only so many people one can correct without turning it into a bad feeling. I sort of knew your personality here would not allow that to happen.

happy tick
    Oh, the tick and the bug killer are friends now?
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Oh, the tick and the bug killer are friends now?
    I got no issues. This tick has not become a pest.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 03:48 PM
    I got no issues. This tick has not become a pest.
    okay, I didn't realize... has my personality not been up to par in some way. This lady has no issues with anyone here. I just calls-them-as-I-sees-um. Am I missing something here...

Confused tick by JMs response
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 04:23 PM

Well I for one Tick, think you are magnificent! I enjoy you greatly.

I think JMJ was making a play on words so to speak. Like a bug killer and a tick being friends. Heheh :)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 05:52 PM
    OK,I have been watching Morgan Freeman and his series on The Science Channel,Through the wormhole.

The last episode was about the scientific concepts behind god,end of the world thinking,etc.The professor studying religions(including Mayan,Celtic,Egyptian,etc.)Was of the mind that we need to feel that there is something beyond the here and now,if there isn't then we most likely would be in fear,all the time,over the end of days.(our days namely)

With this idea in mind,do we really want to know our ending?That very concept from the study states that without a god concept in our lives we would return to chaos, imagine what the people of the world would really be like if they all knew the end was truly going to be on Dec,21,2012?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    imagine what the people of the world would really be like if they all knew the end was truly going to be on Dec,21,2012?
    Mass Hysteria.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
    I'm first in line:)

Actually there have been times when I would really like the end to come.. but today I just eat worms.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    OK,I have been watching Morgan Freeman and his series on The Science Channel,Through the wormhole.

The last episode was about the scientific concepts behind god,end of the world thinking,etc.The professor studying religions(including Mayan,Celtic,Egyptian,etc.)Was of the mind that we need to feel that there is something beyond the here and now,if there isn't then we most likely would be in fear,all the time,over the end of days.(our days namely)

With this idea in mind,do we really want to know our ending?That very concept from the study states that without a god concept in our lives we would return to chaos,,imagine what the people of the world would really be like if they all knew the end was truly going to be on Dec,21,2012?
    Its been proven and independently tested that a part of the brain has the god function built into it. By isolation and magnetizm they have found you get this feeling of being watched etc. They call it the god section.

Also not sure what type of trend you believe in but ammo sales have been steady and growing for the longest time now.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 06:18 PM

I would want to know. Gives me a chance to think more about heaven and where I'm going. Yes I would want to know... it would be something to look forward too.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I would want to know. Gives me a chance to think more about heaven and where I'm going. Yes I would want to know...it would be something to look forward too.
    I know where Im going. Been working on the handbasket for years. They told me it was good therapy ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 2012 real? [ 7 Answers ]

I mean, is it? Today the weather is hotter than usual, lots of earth quakes going on, and food shortage and population are worst.

What do you think of 2012? [ 4 Answers ]

There are no bad answers. There are no asnwers. Only opinions. What are yours?

Passover 2012 [ 1 Answers ]

On what day is passover in the year 2012 ?

2012 doomsday [ 3 Answers ]

What do you think will happen on the 21st December 2012? :rolleyes: Will the earth change, be destroyed? Will it be the end? :eek: Discussion please!!

2012 Real? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering what thoughts people had on 2012. From what I have heard, I'll just sum it up, 2012 is supposed to be the ending of the myan calendar and something like a judgement day is supposed to happen that year. What are your thoughts?

View more questions Search