Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aurorakathleen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 04:30 PM
    Writ of execution money judgment
    My bank told me when they received the writ of execution money judgement & they said it only applies to what was in my account at the time they received it. Is that true? If a deposit is made to my account after they received the writ of execution is it safe, is it available to me?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jun 15, 2010, 05:02 PM

Hello AK

If the amount in your checking account at the time doesn't satisfy the judgement then they will continue to "take" money until the amount is satisfied.Your deposit may be up for grabs. Stop direct deposit until this judgement is paid off
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2010, 05:26 PM

If the court order was merely for a one time attachment, but all I have seen are for a certain amount of money, and remain until that amount can be paid.

So in all cases I know of personally, if the money in the account did not pay the judgement in full, yes any new deposits are also taken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of execution money judgment, orange county, ca [ 1 Answers ]

I have a writ of execution money judgment can I get my business back the company has no money

Writ of execution money judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I just received a copy of Writ of execution (money judgement) today in the mail that was filed in court on Nov. 4, 2009. My bank account debit card was denied. What do I need to do to get this resolved. I'm currently unemployed with now no money what so ever. Do I go down to the court tomorrow? Do...

Writ of execution [ 8 Answers ]

In PA... District court issued a judgment against me for $458.45 on 10/11/07. It was issued as "Defendant to pay to the Plaintiff $40.00/month till paid. First payment due on 11/12/07." So I paid $40.00 on 11/12, and have paid $40.00 every month since, no exceptions. To date I have paid her...

California Writ of Execution (money judgement) [ 2 Answers ]

I owed American Express 8000 and was unable to pay. They sued me and got a Judgment for 11,000 which includes legal fees and interests. Yesterday I went to get Gas and my debit card was denied. Called the bamk. My Bamk Account was 10,000 negative after taking the 1700 cash I already had in it....

View more questions Search