Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Animals
    Boys found a bird nest with 4 little eggs. I have the heat lamp on it. (the kind we used for the baby chickens) I put it in a big red tub, hay under the nest and the lamp hovering above. Do you guys think this will work? AND what the heck do I do for them if it does? LoL! CUTE!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Name:  P1100842.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  165.5 KB

Name:  P1100841.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  149.2 KB
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 09:33 AM

Aww they're so tiny!

I think it really depends on how long they were on the ground for and how cold they got.

I found a site that details how to care for a found egg, hope it helps:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 09:39 AM

Ok, the website didn't work...

Basically it said to keep it at 100F, keep the humidity in the room up and turn the egg every few hours to prevent the membrane sticking to the shell.

Once hatched you will need to figure out what kind of birds they are to know what to feed them (worms, insects, etc)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 05:40 AM

Is there a local wold life conservatory you could surrender them to once hatched? Baby birds are very demanding and basically need to be fed around the clock.

There are a few different mixes of home made food you can concoct, I know one of them has kitten chow in it, I'll have to look for the recipe a the shelter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What about animals? [ 17 Answers ]

I know what Ive been told and what I believe. That is, animals do not go to heaven. Is there any scriptual referance to this?

What does your animals look like? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey guys I figured I would lighten up the place by asking all of you to put pics up of your dogs. I'm just curious to what kind of animals you all have. Hope to see some pics! http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/sarahbeth26/doodle010.jpg This is my Slider. He is a year old and was...

Farm animals. [ 11 Answers ]

What really did come first, the hen or the egg? And when its alive why do we call it a hen and when we eat it it's chichen?:confused: :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Animals [ 1 Answers ]

What is an animal that starts with the letter "x"

Animals [ 2 Answers ]

My cat was diagnosed with a lung infection. Does litter box dust or litter box deodorizers cause this problem? She is also having some type of breathing attack. Her breathing is heavy and when she has these attacks she is gasping for breath. The vet prescribed CLAVAMOX. She is an older cat over...

View more questions Search