Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haleyjames Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Does anyone agree? About friends!
    Ok I have heard people talk about friendships and they always say friendships are supposed to last foever. I need your opioion do you think a friendship could last forever. Me and my friend have been best friends since they day we were born do u think our friendship could last forever? Is that even possiable? I have a friends that have off and on friendships and they say friends won't last forever. Do you think that is possiable.
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Dec 12, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Only time will tell. People change through the years, different social groups, work etc. Sometimes you have a true friend who you have not spoken to in years, but when you need them they are there for you.

The best thing to do is treat all friendships like they are precious and of value to you, that way they will last longer, evan if you do not see the person.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 12, 2006, 07:44 AM
    It seems to me that relationships of all kinds experience many changes through the years because people change. Some last a lifetime, others don't. I have friends that go back to college which was thirty years ago (yikes! LOL)... but I have to add that the older I am, the more friends I seemed to have collected along this journey and the variety of the kinds of people I am friends with grew as well. I married my best friend too, so there is that. To answer your question, I think it is possible to remain friends for a lifetime but it won't be something you should focus on making happen as much as it will just happen as a wonderful byproduct of enjoying each other's company for a very very long time.

Good question Haleyjames! Thanks for posting it.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 07:54 AM
    I have been friends with someone since 4th grade. Our relationship has changed though. We don't talk everyday like we used to. Now we are both married and starting families, he lives in the next big city over from mine. But when we do talk and see each other it is like we were when we were kids. We make a point of seeing each other over the holidays and for each others birthdays.
    We are still close, but the dynamics of our friendship changed as we changed. I think that is natural though. It is almost like our relationship matured as we matured.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends [ 3 Answers ]

I just found out that all of my classmates hate me. I knew that I wasn't best friends with any of them but I didn't know that they hated me or made fun of me behind my back. One says I'm anoying and that I follow people around. If someone leaves, of course I go with them! What am I supposed to...

Friends? [ 41 Answers ]

Okay, so many of you know me already, and I really would like some input here. I have a friend who I ride to school with every day (100 miles round trip), we carpool. Well, she can be quite overbearing at times and I have noticed that she is a bit of a control freak. Such as, I CANNOT drive...

Just friends.. [ 11 Answers ]

Also posted this under teens but realized that about 6 times as many people have replied on here... OK so I'm 16, and there's a girl I like and we are friends right now we met over the summer at my friends grad party and chilled there for a couple hours and we talk online 1-2 times a week. In...

View more questions Search