Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    APHuddleston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 04:43 PM
    Pulsing dizziness after wisdom teeth removal.
    In February of this year (2010), I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am a 17 year old male. They were not impacted, and surgery was completely fine. I was on Vicodin for a little less than a week, along with Ibuprofen. Sure, the Vicodin made me dizzy a little, but nothing serious. After about 5 days I recovered fine but ever since I have been having off and on pulsing dizziness. It happened at the beginning of March, then stopped. It happened at the beginning of April, then stopped, and now it is happening again in mid-June. I don't know how else to describe it. I thought it was a sinus problem because I do have occasional aching in the teeth. But it sometimes feels like tension in the muscles on the upper back parts of my jaw, near my cheekbones, and I have pressure in my cheekbones. It is definitely affecting my everyday life. If I'm trying to read, watch TV, or work it is annoying and I feel like I have to go sleep it off. How can this be cured?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2010, 05:51 PM

Have you been to your doctor to have your blood pressure checked or assessed for a sinus infection?
    APHuddleston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    Have you been to your doctor to have your blood pressure checked or assessed for a sinus infection?
    I have not but I recently was at the doctor, my blood pressure was fine. I don't see how it could be a sinus infection when it has gone on this long and I don't have a fever, but maybe?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2010, 06:23 PM

The pressure on your cheekbones made me think possible sinus infection. Go back to the dentist who removed your wisdom teeth and have him check things out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom teeth removal [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I had 2 wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago one of the teeth were impacted and I've had stitches my mouth was bleeding on the 1st day but its near enough stopped now I'm just getting the occasional taste of it now and the pain have subsided quite a lot but I was just wondering is the BAD breath...

Wisdom Teeth Removal- After Math [ 3 Answers ]

I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted (1 top and 1 bottom) bottom impacted 10 days ago and although only 2 stitches in the bottom tooth has dissolved from my cheek I can still feel something in the actual socket. Slight ear pain and general niggly feeling. Inside the tooth looks black. Could part of the...

Dizziness following wisdom teeth removal [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and had my wisdom teeth removed a week ago. I had very little pain and took only one Percoset. I also took Prednisolone as a steriod to help it heal faster. The side effect of the surgery (or medications) that I'm worried about is the positional vertigo (read: dizziness when I...

Possible wisdom teeth removal alternative? [ 2 Answers ]

My wisdom teeth are about to come through and as there is no room my dentist told me I will definitely have to have them out. But in three of my existing molars, I have mercury fillings which I hate. I was wondering if it was possible, to have those molars removed instead of my wisdom teeth,...

Wisdom teeth removal and stitches [ 5 Answers ]

I had two of my wisdom teeth removed on the 13th of this month and they put a stitch in each socket now the lower stitch has gone but the top one is still flapping about up there. My question is how much longer will it still be there its soluble and I'm still swilling with salt water but its...

View more questions Search