Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rona44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Is their a cure for Patulous eustachian Tube-
    I have had Vertigo for 20 years,seen 28 Dr.'s. I was playing bingo, so my head is bent over, I get a shock like surge through my neck into my head and my head falls forward. I look up and I now have Vertigo. I have tried everything under the sun except the right cure for this disability. On TV last weeek I saw a show that talked about Disembarking Syndrome Which seems to come the closest to what I'm experiencing. I know it is impossible to come up with that conclusion. But where do I go ? Help
    CanukgalinTexas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 04:09 PM
    I've been suffering from Patulous Eustachian Tube (PET) for 2 years and feel your pain. I also heard my own heartbeat, my own breathing and my voice sounded as if I was underwater. It drove me crazy, but I wanted to share what I have finally found works for me and I hope it works for you too. I can't tell you how relieved I am to finally find something gave me my life back.

After seeing 10 doctors - 2 chiros, 3 ENTs, 1 Neurosurgeon, 1 Neurologist, 1 Family Doctor, 1 Rheumatologist and 1 Maxillofacial Surgeon NO ONE could help me nor were they sympathetic. But through searching many forums I put together what everyone was saying about staying hydrated and did a bunch of other research to find out what would be most effective. So here's my logic behind my simple recommendation…

1st Staying over hydrated helps- not just 8 glasses of water but 10-14 depending on your size, activity level, etc.
    2nd Salt and soluble fiber helps to keep water in your system
    3rd Warm to hot water is more easily absorbed by your body than cold water.
    4th Drinking small sips of water throughout the day will strengthen the palette muscle, which holds up the Eustachian tube.

So… I buy chicken broth (obviously has salt in it already) Kroger's Private Selection brand is the one I like the best. I then add 2 tsp of Metamucil (higher fiber than Benefiber) to 2 Cups of broth and I heat it up in the microwave for 1½ minutes and drink it first thing in the morning. I then continue to sip water throughout the day about 8 glasses for me. This forced me to use the restroom all night, but I use that as an opportunity to drink water, which I keep on my nightstand now.

The first day I drink 4 Cups of the chicken soup and drank so much water that my stomach hurt because I was so frustrated that I went a bit overboard. ☺ But PET went away 2 hours later. The second day I had drank water throughout the night and drank only 2 Cup of chicken broth and drank water all day but not to the point that it hurt and the PET came in the morning for bit then just went away. Since then I've figured out what works for me and have not had it all.

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cure for HIV yet? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if there is a cure for HIV yet that helps people who are infected by HIV.

Inner Ear Eustachian Tube Clog [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't used this site before so I might have posted this twice. I have an inner ear clog in the eustachian tube as confirmed by my GP doctor. There's no infection anymore, it was caused by a cold and ear infection but everything went away except the ear clog. My doctor tried 2 anitbiotics...

Cure for fibroids [ 7 Answers ]

What hom remedies or diets I can use to either shrink or get rid of my fibroids

The Cure. [ 3 Answers ]

I believe this is where this type of question should be posted... I was curious if someone had any idea on how to convert a live DVD concert to the correct audio format... so I could play it on my iPod (nano) -- . I heard/read it somewhere that it's possible... My search on trying to find out how...

Getting off the cure [ 2 Answers ]

Having successfully quit smoking using Chantrix, I am wondering if I will experience cravings for cigarettes when I try to stop the medication. Although Chantrix has helped a lot, the withdrawal symptoms still wear you down and I am not sure if I will have the strengh to withstand another couple of...

View more questions Search