Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Jun 14, 2010, 02:03 PM
    Depressed.
    I hate looking at pictures of me standing next to my mother because... She looks mixed... And I just look like I'm... Not her daughter...
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jun 14, 2010, 02:18 PM

But I thought your complexion had lightened a lot to one of a mixed race person?
    It doesn't matter, your skin colour is beautiful regardless weather or not it ressembles your mothers

Jun 14, 2010, 05:12 PM

Nope. If you go back to my old posts I've always used this picture and specifically Teairra Mari as a reference of where my skin color is:

I've even pulled up an old post if you don't remember:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ly-466789.html

Here's another old post with a reference to Garcelle, an actress with a similar complexion to the one displayed above:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...al-401911.html

So. I don't know where you're getting your information from...

Anyway. Even though I've lightened significantly... My mother... Who is like Alicia's color... Always seems to make me feel darker... No matter what. It's like I'm fighting a losing battle almost. And I WAS content with where I was... But now. I feel like I should be lighter! :(
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Jun 14, 2010, 05:52 PM

BrownDeceit,
    Don't feel that way.Atleast you have seen some changes... and you know so.I am sure that you are pretty with what you have attained now.You can't forget about where you are now especially f you remember where you were!
    Always remember that.Dont feel depressed about anything.Not all!And also know that some people will kill to be like you!
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jun 15, 2010, 01:14 AM
    Good advice Violaename!
    It always seems people forget how far they have come!
    For me there is a certain level of lightness that I would like to get to and it's just for ME ONLY! My personal shade, you know what I mean?

Once I get to that shade it won't matter who is lighter than me because their shade was never my goal to begin with! My goal color is Megan Good

Unless you have skin like MJ there will always be someone lighter than you.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Jun 15, 2010, 02:19 AM

That shade is the shade of a mixed race person I have MANY mixed race friends of that complexion lol
    Super Shallow Posts: 145, Reputation: 7
    -

Jun 15, 2010, 08:17 AM

Just accept it
    flickka Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit;

Anyway. Even though I've lightened significantly... My mother... Who is like Alicia's color...[B
    Always seems to make me feel darker... No matter what. [/B] It's like I'm fighting a losing battle almost. And I WAS content with where I was... But now. I feel like I should be lighter! :(
    is she saying negative things to you about your skin color?? if she is then thats sad. dont worry though, just be happy you're reaching the goal you've set for yourself or otherwise you'll spend your whole life trying to reach one more shade lighter!

Jun 15, 2010, 03:08 PM

No she's not saying negative things about my color. She tells me to be happy about the color I am. But she always does or says little things unintentionally that let me know she thinks lighter is better. It's not her fault. I blame society. Like if there's a light skinned child and a dark skinned child. Of course she'll say the light skinned child is so adorable. When in fact they really may not be. You know. Things like that.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jun 16, 2010, 10:48 AM

Wow,sorry to hear that your depressed. What is your mom using?
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Jun 16, 2010, 08:11 PM

@nickicute, great advice. @ Browndeceit is that your goal color or are you just doing it to be up to par with mom? As stated find a shade that makes you happy, if you look at others or compare yourself you will be depressed, that is the key to being content with who you are. There is always going to be some one lighter, taller, smarter, etc. But no one can be you! You will always be her daughter no matter what shade you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Am I depressed? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 20 yr old student at university. I'm pretty sure I'm depressed but I don't know and the idea of talking to my family isn't welcoming I think they will pass it off as over-reacting or brush it off with a "go to the doctor" statement. Im going to try to explain how I've been feeling but I...

Depressed more than ever [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my names rachel. I just got back from england. I was looking through all my pics and realized that... I didn't really have that much fun. I'm so frustrated. I just saw the prettiest stuff and it was so amazing and people there were so fationable compared to here but I didn't enjoy seeing all...

I think I am depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I think I am depressed but I am afraid to get anti-depression medication because I don't know for sure, I don't want to take medication if I am only sad. I don't feel like I have anybody to talk to. I broke up with my girlfriend about 4 months ago because all we were doing was having sex all...

Depressed [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am 14 and I am a girl I live in spain and I am depressed because I am different to my mates I am taller and a tad larger and I feel ugly when I hear that I am the second most un*pretty* girl in the group and I personaly think there are worse people in my group tha me. I like this guy he...

View more questions Search