Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuxedocat Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 10:10 AM
    How to pass urine alcohol test
    I had a few drinks of whiskey and coke Sunday evening last drink was around 10 pm. I am having a urine test done Wednesday around 5 pm. It is the ETG/ETS test. Will I pass?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2010, 08:24 AM

It isn't possible to even venture a guess based on "a few drinks." Need number of drinks across a specified time.

Jun 16, 2010, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    It isn't possible to even venture a guess based on "a few drinks." Need number of drinks across a specified time period.
    It was 4 strong drinks. I am female and weigh about 180 lbs and 5ft 5

Jun 16, 2010, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxedocat View Post
    It was 4 strong drinks. I am female and weigh about 180 lbs and 5ft 5
    It was witin a 4 hour time
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 07:43 AM

Rounding your drinks to 8 (strong) you would 5 hr alcohol (EtOH) elimination and rounding that down to 60 hr elimination for EtG you should probably be clear. Females eliminate a little faster than males. It also considers that you drink regularly. Any EtG would be at low levels so another consideration is the cutoff used for the test.

Jun 16, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Rounding your drinks to 8 (strong) you would 5 hr alcohol (EtOH) elimination and rounding that down to 60 hr elimination for EtG you should probably be clear. Females eliminate a little faster than males. It also considers that you drink regularly. Any EtG would be at low levels so another consideration is the cutoff used for the test.
    Thank You. A friend of mine had a urine test done wasn't expecting it. It was for a job. Her results came back positive. She doesn't understand what the paper is telling her. She wanted me to ask you if you could tell her. Ethyl Glucuronide LCMSMS >10000 ng/ml Ethyl Sulfate LCMSMS 2

614 ng/ml Validity Creatinine/SPGR normal creatinine Urine 244.5 mg/dl
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Thank You. A friend of mine had a urine test done wasnt expecting it. It was for a job. Her results came back positive. She doesnt understand what the paper is telling her. She wanted me to ask you if you could tell her. Ethyl Glucuronide LCMSMS >10000 ng/ml Ethyl Sulfate LCMSMS 2
    1) The EtG cited is very high. Although the literature is sparse on the quantity it is often cited that one drink creates a peak EtG of 6-8000 at about 3-5 hrs. 2) Further, the Ethyl Sulfate doesn't seem to correspond. Did you truncate this 2?

Also, what type of workplace. Why was the test required? The test has no validity in relation to impairment, i.e. testing for suspicion of drinking, it is used only to determine past consumption.

Jun 16, 2010, 09:56 AM
    1) The EtG cited is very high. Although the literature is sparse on the quantity it is often cited that one drink creates a peak EtG of 6-8000 at about 3-5 hrs. 2) Further, the Ethyl Sulfate doesn't seem to correspond. Did you truncate this 2?

Also, what type of workplace. Why was the test required? The test has no validity in relation to impairment, ie testing for suspicion of drinking, it is used only to determine past consumption.
    2614 ng/ml.The job was driving a forklift at a local company.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 10:07 AM
    2614 ng/ml.The job was driving a forklift at a local company.
    Now it fits together. EtS is also a metabolite of ethanol and is created in lesser quantity and by a different physiologic pathway but the variance was too great. These figures would indicate that the individual had probably consumed alcohol on the day of the test, probably within a 3-5 hour period. Could that be?

It's still a bit unusual to use EtG as a pre-screening for job. However, unless the company comes under federal guidelines or union regulations they can pretty much administer any test of choice. Had the individual been offered the job contingent on passing?

Jun 16, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Now it fits together. EtS is also a metabolite of ethanol and is created in lesser quantity and by a different physiologic pathway but the variance was too great. These figures would indicate that the individual had probably consumed alcohol on the day of the test, probably within a 3-5 hour period. Could that be?

It's still a bit unusual to use EtG as a pre-screening for job. However, unless the company comes under federal guidelines or union regulations they can pretty much administer any test of choice. Had the individual been offered the job contingent on passing?
    She had a drink a couple of mint julips about 4 hours before. She didn't know shew would be given a alcohol test or she wouldn't have done it.
    Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 04:12 PM

So she was working and drinking on or right before the job??

Jun 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
    She had a drink a couple of mint julips about 4 hours before. She didnt know shew would be given a alcohol test or she wouldnt have done it.
    Thank You
    You need to learn to spell. No she didn't know they didn't tell her.

Jun 17, 2010, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So she was working and drinking on or right before the job ???
    6 hours before interview

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a detox that will pass the ETG alcohol test [ 3 Answers ]

I have to take the ETG alcohol test Monday. I consumed 3 beers today (sat) & 3 on Friday.. Is there some kind of detox that will help me pass the test??

If I have not had a drink in 88 hours will I pass a alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the clean and sober. I relapsed Thursday. Regretably so but I am sober again . My fear now is that I have a urine test tomorrow at 2pm and don't know if I will pass. Any info on this. It will be 88 hours since I have had a drink. Thanks for any info you may have!!

How do I pass an EtG alcohol test? [ 8 Answers ]

I drank last and really regret it because I am not suppose to be drinking, but I found out today that I have to take an EtG test in the morning, and am wondering if anyone knows from experience how to pass it? I am not going to drink anymore because it is not worth this much stress, but I am moving...

Will I pass my urine test? [ 3 Answers ]

If I had a few drinks of tequila yesterday and my last drink was at 4 in the morning, and I have a drug test tommarow between the hours of 3 and 6:30 and I go in at 5:30 to take my test. Do you think I would pass if I drank a whole lot of bunches of water?

View more questions Search