Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chris Petinaud Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 01:07 PM
    New small business starting point
    I am currently in the planning stages of starting a small business. I know what service we will provide, as well as the clientele that will desire them. I just need to know how to get it started. How can I get this idea off the ground? A rough script would be very helpful.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Try score.org and sba.gov. Both are great resources for startups.
    questiontoknowledge Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Petinaud
    I am currently in the planning stages of starting a small business. I know what service we will provide, as well as the clientele that will desire them. I just need to know how to get it started. How can I get this idea off of the ground? A rough script would be very helpful.
    Chris, here is your (very) rough script as requested
    The following is for a sole proprietorship. Setting up partnerships and corporations are much more complicated

Set up a free business account
    Find an accountant, or use software to immediately start creating your statements. The money deposited in the first step is your first entry for "Owners Equity"
    Go to city hall and get a business license
    If you have a fictitious name for your business register it at the local courthouse
    Shop for a lawyer if you have any legal concerns
    Look up if any domain names you want to use are already taken and grab the closest one you can
    Plan to spread the word
    Contact me if you want help getting the word out.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

Start a small business [ 2 Answers ]

I'm working on staring a small business with a long time friend of mine, we are planing on re-opening an old comics and collectables shop in our hometown, the plus is we already have a good size client base the negative is we have no earthly idea what we are doing or even how to get the business of...

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search