Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitro169 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Water pump circuit breaker tripping
    We had a thunderstorm followed by power outage last night, this morning I went to use the water and it slowly went dead.
    I began by inspecting the pressure tank and pressure control switch, then found the outside water pump breaker was tripped, upon resetting the water was back on!
    But wait, after about 1-2 minutes of use there was a small "POP" and smoke from the control switch and the breaker tripped again.
    It seems now that every time the water pump kicks in I've got a 50/50 shot of the circuit breaker blowing. I'm not sure what to do now, I don't want to keep resetting my pump breaker, we really didn't get that much rain so I assume it was the breaker going bad, but the pop and smoke at the control switch has me confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker tripping on electric well pump [ 9 Answers ]

I have an electric well pump which trips the circuit breaker. The pump does not seem to work. I can reset the breaker but it trips again after five minutes or so. Do I have a pump problem or an electrical problem?

Why my circuit breaker keeps tripping in a submersible water pump? [ 13 Answers ]

We live in the lower Hudson Valley of New York State where currently we're getting lots of rain. Is it possible that something happened to the wiring causing a short circuit? Water pump will trip 20-25 seconds immediately after being reset. Right afterward, it will trip again within 10-15...

My sewage ejector pump keeps tripping the circuit breaker. [ 4 Answers ]

My meyer ejector pump stopped working. When you hit the override button it comes on for about 15 seconds. Once the tank was drained the tech refiled the tank to see if the pump would come on and it didn't, nor did it come on when he pulled on one of the floater sensors. He said the pump must be...

Why is my circuit breaker keep tripping on a submersible water pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a submersible water about 300 feet or so. When the breaker trips I turn it on it stays on for a little bit 10 to 30 minutes then trips. What's wrong, all this started after a bad rain storm.

Water Pump Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

When I was taking a shower at my cabin, my water shut off. I went to the circuit breaker and it had tripped. I could not get in back on initially. When I did turn it back on the pump still would not turn on. What happened? The pump is only 2 years old. Thanks, Zelly

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.